In a bad situation..

2 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by aviationag
chemAg14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
***Update 2:30 PM 12/12***

Through the outpouring of generosity and kindness of the Aggie Network and family, I have been offered enough extra jobs and given enough assistance to where I can pay my rent today!

From the bottom of my heart, thank you, this would NOT have happened if not for the love and support of each and every one of you.

I am always looking for extra weekend jobs, and jobs for after 5 on weekdays. So if you ever need any manual labor done, please get in contact with me!

Again, thank you. This has been an absolutley amazing thing to experience, especially right before graduation. Gig em!

**cross-posted from the general board**

Howdy Ags!

This isn't something I do normally, but I'm in dire straits right now and don't know what else to do.

I'm a student (walking stage on Friday) and work full time. Some unfortunate circumstances have led me to posting something of this nature.

Does anyone around th B/CS area need any yard/outdoor work done? I don't have the cash for rent this month and need to figure something out ASAP. Willing to do anything (within reason) to get myself taken care of. Other than Friday, I am free until next Thursday and will work after 5PM any day after that. Really stuck between a rock and a hard place unfortunately, and exhausted all of my other options.

Willing to provide any references needed. Thanks Ags.
chemAg14
AG
Bumping just because, well, I'll do just about anything for some assistance! Not looking for handouts, will work hard for it.
CS78
I was going to wait until I had more funds but I have some dead brush/limbs I need picked up on a lot out by lake Somerville. Probably a full days work. You just need transportation.
4lilmonkeys
I can't PM you, so send an email to me and we'll find a way to help you out. I also cook for an army almost every night, so you're welcome to stay for a meal or I will happily send you home with some leftovers.
Leslie
Super sweet offer from Gini = ^ poster
Slagathor
AG
Could you donate plasma? If you're a new donor, BPL Plasma on either University or Wellborn will give you $50/donation for your first five donations.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
If I had anything for you I'd help. Much respect to you for trying to grind it out and earn it. Don't see that a lot anymore. Lot of giveup and victimhood. Hope everything works out for you.
GoneGirl
AG
You might consider contacting the United Way - they have partner organizations that can help in situations like this. Don't want a handout? Pay it back in volunteering at that or one of the other agencies.
"If you're in the midst of a midlife crisis, you could buy a convertible, have an affair, or upgrade your cup size. But you'll probably be happiest if you save a dog's life." - Jen Lancaster
ags4rocks
Can you drive a truck? We need drivers all the time!!
Tailgate88
AG
You should set up a Venmo account. Just download the app and install it and link it to your bank account, it takes like two minutes. I sell stuff on NextDoor occasionally and it's surprising how many people have Venmo and want to pay with it.

If you are still working for odd jobs, I can post this on NextDoor for you.

chemAg14
AG
Tailgate88 said:

You should set up a Venmo account. Just download the app and install it and link it to your bank account, it takes like two minutes. I sell stuff on NextDoor occasionally and it's surprising how many people have Venmo and want to pay with it.

If you are still working for odd jobs, I can post this on NextDoor for you.

I will definitely get Venmo for sure! I think I have enough things lined up as of now to get me through but in the future I'll be looking for odd Jobs and I'll let you know!
aviationag
AG
I have some yard work I need done in CS if you are still looking. Congratulations!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.