Illegal towing alleged at Northgate again

4,982 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Stupe
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Be careful about parking in the Coyote Lot for $5. People claim they get towed even when they paid. Looks like some possible litigation stemming from the mistakes.

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Local-towing-company-accused-of-illegal-and-unethical-business-practices-502417452.html
MaroonBloodedAg2010
This was going on almost a decade ago. I'm pretty sure the owners of the Chicken were aware of it, their staff and managers had to constantly try to deal with the problem. When my truck got towed after i paid, the manager at the chicken called Roadrunner and made them bring my truck back. He said they were constantly having problems like that.
dallasiteinsa02
Reminds me of the Cotton Bowl back against Tennessee. They sold out a lot and towed everyone out to resell the spots. They towed the wrong Aggie lawyers in a pissed off mood after the game.
b0ridi
"mistakes"
DBSwooper
techno-ag said:

Be careful about parking in the Coyote Lot for $5. People claim they get towed even when they paid. Looks like some possible litigation stemming from the mistakes.

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Local-towing-company-accused-of-illegal-and-unethical-business-practices-502417452.html
Is anyone actually surprised given their history that Roadrunner Towing is doing shady and possibly illegal things?
bradleyk
Doesn't a business/lot have to post a sign that towing is enforced and which tow company? If so, when will the community just avoid doing business at places that support this towing company? Was this the company that towed the vehicle at the gas pump, at the station over near Harvey Mitchell and Holloman. If this was the company, I recall that the driver claimed they went right in to store and back out to which the tow company was hooked up. I think tow company said the person was eating at Wendy's which I believe turned out to be a false statement by tow company.
cajunken
I smell a class action lawsuit coming...
chloelee
If the Chicken owns the lot, they pick who they want to tow the cars out of there.
woodiewood1
dallasiteinsa02 said:

Reminds me of the Cotton Bowl back against Tennessee. They sold out a lot and towed everyone out to resell the spots. They towed the wrong Aggie lawyers in a pissed off mood after the game.
What they did in one large lot at the CB TN game is that the "lot attendants" were fake and collected the $20 parking fee from about 100 fans and once the lot was full, they just left. The lot was a vacant lot and was not a parking lot and the owner saw it and started towing cars. We actually left the game mid-way in the 3rd Q and they were about 10 cars from mine towing cars. Mine was towed. The guys even had made parking vests to look official and legit. Of course, cash only.
dallasiteinsa02
woodiewood1 said:

dallasiteinsa02 said:

What they did in one large lot at the CB TN game is that the "lot attendants" were fake and collected the $20 parking fee from about 100 fans and once the lot was full, they just left. The lot was a vacant lot and was not a parking lot and the owner saw it and started towing cars. We actually left the game mid-way in the 3rd Q and they were about 10 cars from mine towing cars. Mine was towed. The guys even had made parking vests to look official and legit. Of course, cash only.
Always curious on the full story. We were walking out and it was a mad house with the owner dealing with what they thought were his customers.
Aggie
AG
I was one of the ones that got towed in that cotton bowl scam.

It was a non denomination church near the Cotton Bowl.
They collected $ and filled their parking lot.
Once it was full they nailed " no parking " signs to a tree , called their buddies over at Elite towing and towed the lot clear.
Then they actually refilled the lot and did the same process.

Dallas PD was giving those towed rides to the elite towing lot. And even they told us elite towing was a bunch of crooks and encouraged us to file a lawsuit.

Towing companies have very good lawyers and we did go back to Dallas for a court date. Everyone was reimbursed what they paid to get their car out of tow , that was it.

I was the last group to have our vehicle released, some 7 hours after the game was over.
Dallas PD and a news station were at the tow yard.. I honestly thought a riot was about to break out. Some pissed off people.
Aggie
AG
woodiewood1 said:

dallasiteinsa02 said:

Oh no.. the church was is on that scam as well.
It was people affiliated with the church that were collecting $.
It was not " fake parking attendants" .
They were at the church talking to Dallas PD in the parking lot after the game. The same people who took my $ were the ones who wouldn't even let us stand on their property while we waited for rides to the tow yard from Dallas PD.
It was a chaotic scene at the church then at the tow yard after
MTTANK
AG
I cannot even imagine leaving that game to find out I was towed. We took a brutal pounding, and it was an early new years day game. Not cool.
GIG 'EM
Eliminatus
AG
Must ...not.....rant....about.....towing....companies....

Let's just say, I am not surprised if this happened. Hell, I'd even expect it.
TexasAggie_02
AG
In
BQ_90
AG
dallasiteinsa02 said:

Must have towed the team bus, since they never showed up
legalbird
If I were an aspiring news investigator, this would be a story that I would jump on.

Stories about a car show in Brenham are great, but invetsigative (non-fake) news is great.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
BQ_90 said:

dallasiteinsa02 said:

Must have towed the team bus, since they never showed up
If only they would have towed the Tennessee band bus. I hate the song Rocky Top to this day.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional sports advice.
nickstro66
AG
The Rocky Top Massacre was a dark day for all of us
FlyRod
I used to think terms like "pirates," or "vultures" were a little over the top when used to describe towing outfits. Now it seems even harsher terms are required. "Scumbags" comes to mind as a tried and true descriptive.
techno-ag
AG
Update.

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/driver-wins-case-against-towing-company-in-court.html
Stupe
S
Shocker...they know what they did was wrong but are going to drag it out.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.