Lost parrot near Bryan

2,843 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by musicforall
hungaryforchile
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hey all,

My neighbor lost his beloved parrot a few days ago; his roommate accidentally let the bird out.

He was last seen in Bryan, near the 2818 Walmart. Here's the description:

-----

LOST - "Gamera" Bronze Wing Pionus Parrot
12/4 10:30 P.M. Forestwood area, Bryan
-Silver Ankle Band
-Dark blue and purple and brown. Looks black almost in certain lighting. About 11 inches from head to tip of tail.
-Will respond to Pizza.
-Rescued from an abused home so quite skittish but she will often run to humans to be rescued when she's frightened and would probably step up onto a finger provided the hand isn't gloved. Terrified of gloves and hats and sudden movements. Will possibly fly to your shoulder if you say the command "Fly to me."
**REWARD**
Call 212 717 6785

-----

Here's a link to a FB posting, with a picture: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=502902456885660&set=p.502902456885660&type=3&theater

Poor guy is really torn up about it, so I'm hoping something will come through for him :/. Thanks!
OnlyANobody
Shared to the entire reach of Copperfield's Nextdoor network. Hope you find her.
hungaryforchile
Thanks so much! I was just talking to the guy a few minutes ago. He's still holding out hope!
OnlyANobody
This may or may not sound like a goofy response, but has he checked daily with both animal shelters?
Aggieland Humane Society - (979)775-5755
Bryan Animal Center - (979) 209-5260 - Not open until tomorrow, noon.
momlaw
AG
The Eagle runs free lost ads.
momlaw
Colin Davenport
Hey, I'm the owner of Gamera the Parrot. She was confirmed to be alive in the forestwood/manorwood area just 2 days ago so I still have a little hope. To say I'm torn up about it is an understatement. I just found this while googling if anybody has found a parrot in the area and saw this.

I Just want her back and I"m trying to get the word out. The story was on the news today. I'm just asking if you guys got networks and all that, especially locally for a signal boost. I got a post on my facebook page I"m trying to get as many eyeballs on as possible as the news was well, the news and left out most of the most important information that would be useful in finding her even though I"m super thankful to them for running the story..

https://www.facebook.com/colin.davenport.391/videos/507423683100204/

That post has the news story and the important information about recent sightings and where she probably is if she's still alive.

Also huge thank you to momlaw. I made the free lost posting with the Eagle.
momlaw
AG
Colin, another thing that is important, make certain your contact information is readily available.
That would include this thread, both shelters, animal control officers who might be called out, Vet School Emergency Clinic.

If you haven't put out posters in the area. Facebook Brazos Lost and Found Pets used to have a sample of effectively designed posters, fliers. Take them to area Vet clinics, too.

I started to post your phone # from Facebook post on here, but didn't want to overstep.

momlaw
Colin Davenport
Every vet, clinic, shelter, animal welfare group, lost parrot, lost pet facebook page and group and rescue in the county and often beyond knows about gamera. The news caught wind of her because so many people photographed the fliers and posted them on social media. i have posted, literally hundreds of them at this point. For well over a mile range, stuck one in the mailbox of every home i've seen with a bird feeder in case she's found a food source. I will edit my last post with my contact information.
techno-ag
techno-ag
AG
Best wishes in finding your parrot.
OnlyANobody
Colin, are you on the Nextdoor site? My reach from Copperfield does not quite go over to the Manorwood neighborhood. I reposted, asking if any of the neighborhoods within my network might have Manorwood in their reach. The point is, I'm not close enough to get you Nextdoor coverage in that area.
Colin Davenport
I'm on nextdoor which i was told to go on as part of the parrot finding protocol this one group has. They haven't been helpful to put it mildly. A post about a few too many leaves on a curb has 10 posts and neither my alert or posting of the facebook post with the news story has garnered a single comment. I'd wager it's because not many are on it as there's so many student rental units in the area. Who registers on next door for the house you're only renting for a semester?
marrocco
I saw the post on Nextdoor first and felt for you since I have an African Grey myself, but haven't commented. I've posted somewhat important items on Nextdoor, but they don't stick to the top and tend to get disregarded.

My Pickles will tend to fly toward me when she sees me eating in hopes of getting some for herself... In all seriousness, have you tried heading out to the area with pizza and loudly announcing/eating it? I'd be willing to head to the area myself with a pizza and my travel cage to try to get her attention...
musicforall
Is her cage outside with food and water? Is there another Pi parrot in town that can be taking outside in a cage in the daytime so she can hear the calls? Or even a recording?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.