BCS Marathon & Half-Marathon on Sunday 12/9

1,432 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Oogway
bushytailed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's that time of year again! Runners will be making their way along the course tomorrow. Take the kiddos and go cheer on everyone. As a runner, sometimes when you're struggling during a race it just takes a high-five from an excited child to pick up your spirits.
Tailgate88
AG
Good luck to all runners! It's a great race! My distance running days are over due to an injury but I'll be out there with you in spirit.
Oogway
When not participating ourselves, that is what we like to do. (Edit-go out and cheer, that is)

Because of a history of running, I usually notice and keep in touch with the signs that a race is 'fixing to go off,' but did Chris and the organizers have the media outlets discuss the road closures? There are always a few folks that get wound up when the roads are closed. In other cities I have lived in the news media are active promoters of the larger races because they not only pull in out of towners, but local folks can group together and encourage each other. When the Armadillo Dash had the aid station competition I absolutely loved that.

Anyway, good luck to all and we will cheer you on. We usually try to find a place w/o a lot of people so runners stuck in the mental abyss of 'why the h**l did I do this' and 'I should have/haven't done that long run two weeks ago' are hopefully buoyed along to the next group of spectators....
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.