DON'T PASS A STOPPED SCHOOL BUS!!

3,170 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Gigemchicken90
ironmanag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes I am shouting. My kid almost got runover by an a-hole who went flying by a stopped school bus with its stop sign extended.

If you see some idiot doing this turn get thier plate and turn thier butts in.

Thier impatience is not worth a child's life.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Turn them in? Really? What do you think is going to happen? I'd love to be able to "turn in" every ******* i see on the road endangering others.
BCStalk
Welcome to 2018. This and emergency vehicles, stop signs, red lights, turn signals, speeding, texting, etc.
Oogway
I would recommend calling/emailing the traffic division for the city in which you live (or the county if you are further out) and mention the issue. Often they will put the location in their rotation for monitoring. Sometimes the signs, the children, the bus, the flashing lights, and the horns honking don't pull people out of their reverie quite like a patrol car/motorcycle does.

Relieved that your student was okay.

Be safe out there folks!
Stupe
S
Nobody is stopping you from doing that.

I have no issue calling the non-emergency number when I see drivers doing something dangerous.
Stupe
S
Quote:

I would recommend calling/emailing the traffic division for the city in which you live (or the county if you are further out) and mention the issue. Often they will put the location in their rotation for monitoring.
If enough complaints come in about the same vehicle, some departments will follow up with that person.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
read somewhere that some districts have installed cameras to record this kind of stuff (along with driver monitoring)
brhuggs
If people realized the fine for doing this was $500, I bet they'd quit!
txgardengirl
Scary and so dumb! But sadly, it seems to be the norm. Call traffic enforcement with the location - I have noticed an increase in motorcycle officers following buses lately - it's an expensive and very dangerous mistake
snaglepuss
People should obey that law even if there were no fine. SMH
MsDoubleD81
AG
I have a friend in the DFW area who "accidentally" went around one and got pulled over. She tried to fight it and was surprised when she got to court and there was video from the bus.
TKDMom
The fine starts at $500, it gets stiffer if you have been in trouble for passing a bus before or if you caused someone bodily injury during a previous incident.

An offense under Section 545.066 is punishable by a fine ranging from $500 to $1,250. However, passing a stopped school bus is a misdemeanor offense, punishable by a fine not to exceed $2,000 if it's the driver's second offense within the past five years.

Passing a stopped school bus is a Class A misdemeanor if the driver causes serious bodily injury to a pedestrian, a bicyclist, or anyone else. Going further, passing a stopped school bus is a state jail felony if the driver was previously convicted of causing bodily injury to another person after passing a stopped school bus.

Info obtained from The Zendeh Del Law Firm.
TexasAggie_02
AG
MsDoubleD81 said:

I have a friend in the DFW area who "accidentally" went around one and got pulled over. She tried to fight it and was surprised when she got to court and there was video from the bus.

In this day and age, I would think it would be relatively easy and cheap to equip all school buses with a camera
Gigemchicken90
AG
The buses in our district do have them and in fact we're used for this very reason about three weeks ago.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.