Restaurant recommendation

2,163 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SchnauzerMom
The Grinder (99)
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was hoping to get some help with some ideas to take our 10 year old girls soccer team for dinner this Saturday (prob around 6 pm). We will be in town for the state tournament.

-there will be about 50 total (14 girls, some siblings and parents)
-they have asked for non Mexican food
-would prefer if there was a bar

The though that keeps coming to my head is the chicken oil due to how much space they have there and how empty it usually is that time of day. But people really want a bar, and they would also prefer something in college station (we'll be staying at Baymont)

Thanks
Buford T. Justice
AG
Wings-N-More on University Drive
Tailgate88
AG
I hope whatever fields you are playing on have good drainage. We are forecast to get a LOT of rain tomorrow.
cajunken
+1 for Wings and More. There are two locations in College Station, but the one on University has easier access to parking at 6:00 pm. Recommend you call them a couple of hours before you plan to arrive to let them know an estimated number.
Oogway
I would have said Koppe Bridge (the HWY 30 location) except I don't think it has a full bar (just beer, I don't know as I only have their nonalcoholic beverages). The pros are that it has good burgers and is close to Veterans park, the cons are that it is often frequented during soccer tournaments by players so there is a wait for your food. It is, however, a local establishment.

If you go further up the road (west) , I think Johnny Carino's (Italian) has some drinks and can handle your group.

As someone suggested, if you drive over to University, there are a number of places: Wings and More, Mo's, and so on.
techno-ag
AG
Razoos on University across from the Hilton. Plenty of room, a bar, and a variety of choices on the menu.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
ratfacemcdougal
Was picking up dinner at Outback Steakhouse yesterday and saw a large party room off the side toward the Target parking lot.
SchnauzerMom
Smitty K's on Highway 30 fits the bill for all of your needs. Even a covered area outside with games for the adults and kids.
nought
AG
SchnauzerMom said:

Smitty K's on Highway 30 fits the bill for all of your needs. Even a covered area outside with games for the adults and kids.

And unlike the other choices mentioned, OP might actually be able to get a group that big in there on a Saturday night at 6pm without a 1.5 hour wait.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Wings N More
excellent place for your needs

(soccer dad here)
SchnauzerMom
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.