Well Water Testing

1,655 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by jeffk
Gig Em5014
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Our water has a strong sulfur smell to it. It was that way when we first moved in about 8 months ago. We had the water heater replaced and after a few more weeks the smell dissipated. It has now come back with vengeance (keep in mind the water heater is only 8 months old). I tried to set up an appointment with Culligan to come out and test the water and provide some filtration options but I never received confirmation of my appointment request. When I called the phone rang with no person or machine to answer. I tried submitting a contact us form but it returned an error. Are they out of business?

TLDR; Any recommendations on who will come out to Anderson to test our well water?
DrewG07
AG
Is it only in the hot water or in both? It is Hydrogen sulfide, and your nose can pick up a very small amount. Not a big need to test. Depending on if its only in your hot water, there are some treatment options.
Vivificus
AG
There is a local company in Bryan called Aquatech that does much of the surrounding communities water testing. Maybe they could test a water sample.
Viv
JP76
Try Siegert Water wells

979 822 1824
313-7-12thMan
TAMU Soil and Crop water test lab. It's on Agronomy Road. 979-845-4816. It's a pretty comprehensive test. Should be about $35.
Moy
If it's only your hot water, then you need to change the sacrificial anode in your hot water heater to a zinc anode.
phatpat21
Culligan does free water tests and checks the following - TDS, iron, hardness and pH.
jeffk
AG
Culligan
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.