Disposing of cooking oil

2,235 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by baldandbeautiful
java94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The City of CS website mentions placing cooking oil in a sealed container and placing in the regular trash. I have two 3-gallon containers of oil to dispose of, and put it out with my bulk trash today. They took everything else, but left the oil. If I put them in my trash can, it will be nearly full from the start.

Is my only option to put one a week in my trash can? Why didn't bulk trash pick it up?
cz308
It's supposed to rain tomorrow, just pour it next to the curb and watch nature take it away.
Red Krow
Take it to a local restaurant. Most all restaurants have storage tanks for their used cooking oil. It is then picked up and recycled. I'd call a few first and make sure they will let you dump it in their bin. I have done it with my used thanksgiving turkey oil.

Another option is the Bryan facility over by MLK and Dansby. I believe they have a dump tank for used cooking oil.
BlueMiles
AG
Jetty
AG
Dispose of it properly!!
AggieBaseball06
AG
Red Krow said:

Take it to a local restaurant. Most all restaurants have storage tanks for their used cooking oil. It is then picked up and recycled. I'd call a few first and make sure they will let you dump it in their bin. I have done it with my used thanksgiving turkey oil.

Another option is the Bryan facility over by MLK and Dansby. I believe they have a dump tank for used cooking oil.

Most restaurants get paid for their used oil so I doubt many would object.
TJJackson
Just run hot water and pour it down the drain.
theycallmemrtibbs
Username checks out
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Took mine today to the self service oil dump in Bryan. Google Waco street. Its next to Bryan Services bldg.

Note: Waco street is just a couple hundred yards long. You can't get lost
techno-ag
AG
If you've got a firepit, makes a good fire starter.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
java94
AG
The City of CS replied that the amount of oil I have should be taken to Twin Oaks Landfill. I thought that's where the bulk collection goes... Oh well, I guess I'll have to take SPI's advice, or hold on to it until the next Hazardous Household Waste event...
Carny89
Give it to a diesel truck owner. Might smell good out the tail pipe.
baldandbeautiful
Just took about 15 gallons of used peanut oil to the twin oaks facility last week. They recycle it. All I had to do was put the containers on the ground by the little building just past where you toss your trash. The entire process, including drive there and back, took about 30 mins at the most. Just make sure you check the closing time of the facility before you head it there, I think they close at 5:00 on weekdays.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.