Cultured Marble?

1,270 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by IWannaGoFast1
Tookieclothespin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I need to replace a cultured marble shower in a property and am looking for places I can get bids from besides marblecraft. I tried marblecraft but their availability is lacking and the price seems much higher (nearly what it would cost for a fully tiled shower!). The only other place I've seen is "quality marble" but I can't find much about them. Anyone have suggestions?

dubi
AG
We used Marblecraft and were pleased with their product.
AgProgrammer
AG
Marblecraft outsources their tile work to Zwernemann Flooring. They've been doing our countertops (granite and quartz) and have been happy with their price + product. Yes, they are busy and availability is tough but that's the story for everyone in B/CS.

We had them do our countertop backsplash in the same job as the countertops and Zwernemann came out about a week after the countertop install to do the backsplash.
LJF78
Joe at Marble Craft
maddiedou
AG
I personally would not have a marble shower. I have tore out three of them and they were installed correctly but overtime the sealant starts leaking and yes you can remove sealant and recaulk ever so often to prevent the leaking

This is just my opinion

If you would like a tile bid I can give you one if you decide on tile instead of marble

979-eight two o -l87o. Gary
Tookieclothespin
AG
I don't love cultured marble, but this house is not a forever home so I don't think it's worth spending the money on anything nicer. None of the nearby houses, from what I can tell in realtor photos, have done anything of higher quality.
JP76
Why are you wanting to replace the existing shower ?
Discoloration or leaking ?

A tile shower done currently will always cost more than a cultured marble shower. The problem is few want to pay what it cost to do a tile shower correctly so you end up with leaking hack jobs down the road.
Tookieclothespin
AG
It's a tub/shower combo from the early 1980's. We want it to be walk-in.
JP76
maddiedou said:

I personally would not have a marble shower. I have tore out three of them and they were installed correctly but overtime the sealant starts leaking and yes you can remove sealant and recaulk ever so often to prevent the leaking

This is just my opinion

If you would like a tile bid I can give you one if you decide on tile instead of marble

979-eight two o -l87o. Gary

All showers require maintenance over time. Tile will require more especially if it resides on an exterior wall. A tile shower pan will always be more prone to leaking than a poured in place cultured marble pan.
IWannaGoFast1
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.