USPS. Yeah I know, another complaint thread. But come on.

4,557 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AgSportsFan
75AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
USPS left a package today ON TOP OF OUR MAILBOX. There's even a cubby on the back of the mailbox for boxes. But no. She decided to leave it ON TOP where anyone/everyone could see it and grab it. I can't believe how sorry the USPS has become.
Rexter
I'll do ya one better. The doorbell rang at 7:30 this evening. I open the door, and there is a large amazon box sitting there......right in front of the storm door......so that I can only open the storm door about an inch......and the box would not slide on the concrete due to a seam. I had to go out the garage door to move it. What kind of idiot puts a box directly in front of the door when it's obvious that someone is home?
The Brazos Kid
Yeah they've left a box on top of my mailbox a couple of times. Sheer laziness.
ringrit
A friend of mine's mailman did the opposite. Shoved a box in her mailbox so hard that she could not get it out without cutting the box!! SMH.
theycallmemrtibbs
Shout out to all the hardworking USPS employees who put up with the constant barrage of petty complaints particularly during the extremely stressful holiday season where everyone buys everything from Amazon and expects absolute perfection in every delivery despite the fact that they are buying something new every other day because they can't coordinate and plan out their purchases in a logistical manner but still expect USPS to adhere to some quality of care that they themselves would never put upon themselves in their own workplace. Props to you guys working hours and in conditions that I myself wouldn't even remotely want to do! Thanks for delivering my stuff, in whatever way you manage to make it into my possession so that my lazy ass can sit at home watch sports, drink beer, and move my finger around on a screen to purchase all the crap I give to people who don't really need it. Seriously! Y'all are awesome!
KaneIsAble
AG
commas and semicolons brother
75AG
AG
My eyes are bleeding from your lack of punctuation and paragraphs.

Seriously, for the most part, my lady does OK. Yes, she's left certified notices instead of getting the required signature, all while she sees my in the yard. And forget the dozens of times she's misdelivered ours, and our neighbor's mail. But come on, this is the height of laziness. For both her, and potential porch-pirates.
meezermom
Wait, someone has a USPS delivery person who actually rings the doorbell?! Bestill my heart. Ours just throws the boxes from a few feet away toward the door and leaves (as evidenced by the doorbell camera). Can't even be bothered to ring the bel or knock.
aggiepaintrain
AG
My carrier in Emerald Forest is awesome.

Now going to the actual post office is a crap shoot, but they are never flat out rude like many people claim, and I've been there A LOT.

FJB
AgFan1999
AG
the rural carrier on our route will go the extra mile to hide packages where they can't be seen from the road.
AggieAces06
AG
I had a bag of dog food get returned to amazon because it never got delivered. My guess is that they didn't want to haul it to our door and didn't bother.
csnole
My guy is awesome - leaves packages with the mail at my front door despite my dogs trying to attack him through the door - also big shout out to the young lady at Wellborn Post Office - she is efficient, friendly and goes the extra mile!
TKDMom
Our carrier does a great job. Not just big packages either. If one item is a little large for the box, he will bring the entire stack to our front door. Also rings the doorbell when he leaves Amazon boxes on the front porch near the door. We don't have a storm door so no issues with the box blocking the door.
Stupe
S
Our regular carrier is great.

When we get the extra drivers for the Christmas push....not so much.
techno-ag
AG
Y'all can always go to the mall and pick stuff up off the shelves. No delivery problems.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
TLIAC
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

My carrier in Emerald Forest is awesome.

Now going to the actual post office is a crap shoot, but they are never flat out rude like many people claim, and I've been there A LOT.

My carrier in Shenandoah is great also. I get a lot of packages, including heavy dog food. One time a smaller package was delivered to the wrong address by accident. That resident brought the package to me. My carrier realized he had made a mistake, went to the other address and then followed up with me to make sure I had, in fact, received it. One other time, a package showed as delivered and I had not received it after a few days. My carrier had been off but when he returned, he searched for and found the package, even though he wasn't the one who made the mistake. He brought it to me. I think he is the best!
Aggie
AG
AggieAces06 said:

I had a bag of dog food get returned to amazon because it never got delivered. My guess is that they didn't want to haul it to our door and didn't bother.

Wait ....Sooo.... you ordered a bag of dog food ....on amazon??
atm86
AG
Aggie said:

AggieAces06 said:

Got a problem with that? I do it too.
Aggie
AG
I mean they still sell that at every store in the world right?
AggieAces06
AG
Aggie said:

They do, but amazon has a subscribe and save discount. Each month I get a 40 lb bag of dog food delivered to my front door. (Except this month because it never got to my door)

I also did this with diapers when the kiddo was small.
happyinBCS
It is a personal choice to shop at Amazon I have not spent one dollar with them and never will. and concerning the USPS my mail lady has her truck 3/4 full of Amazon boxes and the few times I have spoken to her she can't stand that smile on the box so I assume she does not buy much from them either.
75AG
AG
happyinBCS said:

It is a personal choice to shop at Amazon I have not spent one dollar with them and never will. and concerning the USPS my mail lady has her truck 3/4 full of Amazon boxes and the few times I have spoken to her she can't stand that smile on the box so I assume she does not buy much from them either.

My original post was about leaving a box outside, on top of my mailbox. Don't know how this discussion devolved into buying from Amazon. Actually, without Amazon, the USPS would be in real danger of collapse. So, delivery people should be happy that Amazon exists!
Expert Analysis
AG
USPS informed deliver is great. It lets you know how much mail you miss...
cz308
atm86 said:

Aggie said:

AggieAces06 said:

Got a problem with that? I do it too.
Here as well. I do walk out there and get it from their vehicle if I'm at home. Usually I see them on the camera when they are pulling up.
Rexter
Dang......I read that as UPS instead of USPS. My carrier is the same guy as TLIAC. He does a great job. It does make me laugh to see him pull up and park across the street to drop a box at the front door, then u-turn, park in front of my house, and drop off a box. He was literally 12 feet away, facing the other direction. Then he u-turns again and drives away.
BrazosDog02
AG
My UPS guy delivered 400 lbs of bee supplies including all of my wooden ware. The issue is that he decided the best place for it was on the inside of my gate which would usually be great except that my gate is 6' tall. Spartacus managed to throw 4 100 lb boxes OVER the gate. All were busted on the other side. Best part is that I couldn't open the gate when I got home because of the broken heavy packages. I suspect the first one broke and he said "meh, **** it, what's done is done" and threw the rest over. The best part is the effort required to accomplish it. It's funny now, but I was pissed when it happened. Lol.
dubi
AG
Wow!
Tumble Weed
Love my USPS lady in Brandon Heights. She is great! Will try to give her a gift this year, as we are a heavy amazon shopping household.

My previous USPS lady used to catch my dog and put her in the backyard if she saw her running loose and would give me a call. I was sad when she retired. Truly great members of the community.

The Anchor
AG
Aggie said:

The same goes for almost every other item on Amazon. That doesn't really matter, though. It's about convenience and efficiency.
Eliminatus
AG
75AG said:

happyinBCS said:

My original post was about leaving a box outside, on top of my mailbox. Don't know how this discussion devolved into buying from Amazon. Actually, without Amazon, the USPS would be in real danger of collapse. So, delivery people should be happy that Amazon exists!

Anti-Amazon folk are worse than Crossfitters.
AgSportsFan
AG
75AG said:

My eyes are bleeding from your lack of punctuation and paragraphs.

Seriously, for the most part, my lady does OK. Yes, she's left certified notices instead of getting the required signature, all while she sees my in the yard. And forget the dozens of times she's misdelivered ours, and our neighbor's mail. But come on, this is the height of laziness. For both her, and potential porch-pirates.

Maybe you should check your post for typos while you're at it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.