Help an Aggie out! **REWARD**

3,554 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Madtex95
Madtex95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy Ags,

I have a request for y'all.
Sometime between leaving the LSU game and walking to the Uber on Saturday night, I lost my engagement ring.
I am absolutely distraught and after looking for hours on campus yesterday, had to pack up and leave to go back to Fort Worth where I am interning until December.
If any of y'all happen to be walking in the areas of: John Kimbrough/Wellborn, John Kimbrough/Olsen, or Johnkimbrough/all the way to Research (where we were picked up) and happen to find a pretty little ring, please help this Aggie out.
I know rings can be replaced, but I can't even fathom the thought of having to get another... This one means so much to me.
I am attaching a link to the facebook post I made that has photos. MIssing Engagement Ring

Thanks and Gig'em,
Madeleine Bonney - Class of '19
TxSquarebody
I will walk the area tomorrow.
Floor it until you see God
Madtex95
Thank you so much!
redd38
AG
You sure you didn't lose it in the Uber?
Madtex95
Our Uber driver was very cooperative. I don't think it was in there.
CS78
I'd make weekly checks with the lost and found, 2nd floor of the MSC. Room 2240 if I remember right.
JMac03
AG
CS78 said:

I'd make weekly checks with the lost and found, 2nd floor of the MSC. Room 2240 if I remember right.
If you don't live here, I am happy to do this on your behalf, I am on campus all the time. My email is in my profile if needed.
88planoAg
AG
Glad you also posted here since I can't comment on the FB post - be sure to check local pawn shops too.
momlaw
AG
Send specifics to all pawn shops and notify area law enforcement.
Let pawn shops know there are pending LE cases.
They want to stay on the right side of the law, for the most part.
momlaw
Roger Goodell
momlaw said:

Send specifics to all pawn shops and notify area law enforcement.
Let pawn shops know there are pending LE cases.
They want to stay on the right side of the law, for the most part.

If some rando finds the ring. Sells the ring at the pawn shop. Gets some good money. The cops can go after the person who sold it to the pawn shop?
Oogway
I don't mind looking either, but Research is a pretty long roadway; do you happen to recall a near by building i.e. like east of the Bush library, or before the turn off by Discovery drive? I was thinking I might work backwards from your approximate pickup point.

If you were mostly sidewalk, then it may have bounced into the roadway, but if you walked on the grass, it would be more likely to sink, IMO. I don't know anyone with a metal detector, but that might be something worthwhile.

Please let us know if it is found.
30wedge
TxSquarebody said:

I will walk the area tomorrow.
You are a good person but then you probably already know that. Well done.
TxSquarebody
Anyone know who I would contact to get permission to metal detect on campus along the known path.? I have a detector, but laws are very specific.
TxSquarebody
Thanks, but it's nothing special...just doing what everyone else on here would do.
JMac03
AG
TxSquarebody said:

Anyone know who I would contact to get permission to metal detect on campus along the known path.? I have a detector, but laws are very specific.
I would start with UPD or EHS. 845-2345.
momlaw
AG
When you sell to a pawn shop there are camera images queued up to item, seller, name, and id information.
Some pawns are better than others with their record keeping.
momlaw
TxSquarebody
Haven't found it yet, but I still have a bit of ground to cover. Can you narrow down to which side of Kimbrough you were on and where you might have crossed to the other side, if you did?
Madtex95
Hi! I am so sorry to just now be getting back to you. I have been at work all day and unable to get on here.
When we were walking down to Research we stayed on the right side of the road, but crossed at some point to get to where we were picked up. I'm sorry I can't provide more information... I didn't think I would be losing something that was so important to me or else I would have paid more attention
Madtex95
JMac03 said:

CS78 said:

If you don't live here, I am happy to do this on your behalf, I am on campus all the time. My email is in my profile if needed.
I am currently living in Fort Worth while I finish my internship, or else I would be crawling on my hands and knees through the grass right now. Thank you so much for the offer.
I can't believe how helpful the Aggie Network has been. I am beyond grateful.
Carny89
You seem like a really cool dude. I wonder if I know you? The hot rod scene here in Bryan is pretty small. Do you hang out at stripes on Wednesday?
JMac03
AG
Madtex95 said:

JMac03 said:

CS78 said:

I am currently living in Fort Worth while I finish my internship, or else I would be crawling on my hands and knees through the grass right now. Thank you so much for the offer.
I can't believe how helpful the Aggie Network has been. I am beyond grateful.
I am happy to check. I haven't been to campus yet this week but should be later this week.
TxSquarebody
I'm at stripes when I'm in town! Work has had me away most Wednesdays since August. Should be there tomorrow though!
TxSquarebody
Madtex95 said:

Hi! I am so sorry to just now be getting back to you. I have been at work all day and unable to get on here.
When we were walking down to Research we stayed on the right side of the road, but crossed at some point to get to where we were picked up. I'm sorry I can't provide more information... I didn't think I would be losing something that was so important to me or else I would have paid more attention

That helps a lot! Narrows the search area by half!
Madtex95
Howdy!

Just some more details:
It is a little bit of a trek, and I'm so sorry to be asking people to do this
I know for sure that we had it after the game was over. I asked my fianc to hold it near the intersection of Wellborn & John Kimbrough/kind of by the entrance to Old Main. Which is where we started.
I talked to the uber driver again yesterday just to confirm that it hadn't turned up.
And we walked on the right side of the road (opposite of Reed Arena) but did cross at some point to get to where we were picked up on Research. I don't remember which side, but we were sitting on the rectangular benches at the entrance of Technology loop. Like I said, if I had known I was going to lose something I would've paid more attention.

Updated with other maps showing additional areas:
Maps (here)

Thank you so much everyone. I can't thoroughly express my gratitude for the Aggie Network.
Madeleine Bonney

Had to update this because I can't figure out how to put a photo in here!!!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.