Campfire at Stella

2,098 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by nought
TxSquarebody
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone ever had dinner there? Is it worth the price?
Floor it until you see God
EBrazosAg
AG
Ate there last summer. It was good, but for the price and quality it's not compelling to me except for an occasional change of scenery.....
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Whachutalnbout Willys
AG
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Haven't been there yet, but only because of the negative reports over the past 6-10 mos.

Might give it a shot in December
AG
No. It was horrible food for the price. And I'm nothing close to a food snob. I've had much better food at cheap restaurants. The service was good, though. I posted that on the coming and going thread and there were numerous posters that agreed.

Closer to the bottom of the page:
https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/2920700/replies/51654234#51654234
TxSquarebody
Thanks everyone! Had some decent drinks at the bar, avoided the food.
Floor it until you see God
4lilmonkeys
Went a few times when it first opened and it was great. Their margaritas were awesome too. Went back shortly after and it wasn't just "bad," it was actually awful across the board. We were so disappointed because we actually like it out there.
Chris98
AG
For the price/ quality, Christopher's, Repubic, Porters, and Veritas are much better options
Bullpen Chias
AG
Have eaten there twice. The first was terrible and expensive. They replaced management in May. Ate there again this summer and it was very good (not cheap), but food was very good. If you went before May 2018, I'd give them another shot.
FlyRod
Have taken job candidates to breakfast there, and it has been good.
Wicked Good Ag
We thought everything was way below average when we went including management. It could be a good spot if they don't think just because they built a nice place and serve food they can charge the prices they do and treat customers poorly.

We sent one meal back three times and they charged my wife for the sides she got even though she didn't eat them waiting on main course. And we tipped nothing for the first time in my life and it was earned by the staff and not because of the food issue sadly
nought
AG
We've only been once. Steaks were good, close to great even. Sides were ok. Desserts were ok. Service was the worst we have had in town, with forgotten items, food coming out at random times, wine not showing up until after we were done eating, and the like.

Service is why we haven't been back. There are too many other good options in town like Porter's, Republic, Veritas, Christopher's, Madden's, ...

Parking is a cluster too. They don't have enough parking spaces close, so you either have to valet or go park way around the back side of the hotel. I'd rather pay at Century Square where at least I can find a spot to park within reasonable distance of where I want to eat.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.