Old thread about female friendly mechanics?

1,953 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Nutmegger
ratfacemcdougal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There was a thread in the past about mechanics that got the thumbs up from many female posters. The mechanics were deemed to be honest and not out to rip off somebody just because they were female. I could not find the old thread, anybody have it bookmarked? Thanks
Rexter
What do you need repaired?
Rex Racer
AG
https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/2886056

https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/2881324

https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/2846399

https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/2841333

Not sure if any of those are what you're looking for, but they are mechanic threads.
ratfacemcdougal
Was asking for a friend. She has a Honda and she feels like Allen Honda is trying to sell her stuff she does not need.
ratfacemcdougal
Thanks for the search. Lots of places that come up each time. Not the exact thread I thought I had remembered though.
rhoswen
AG
Teach her what she needs to know and the problem solves itself.
Rexter
I know two guys that are totally honest. One is a full time mechanic. The other is a part time mechanic - full time cop.
Carny89
Username scares all mechanics.
dubi
AG
ratfacemcdougal said:

Was asking for a friend. She has a Honda and she feels like Allen Honda is trying to sell her stuff she does not need.

Someone just needs to go with her. Get a written list of what is required and what is optional.

My neighbor has an Odyssey and they gave her a huge handwritten list of items that needed to be repaired. She thought they all needed to be done to pass inspection. I went to the dealer to discuss the list and they told me that only one item was "required". I had them take me into the shop and show me each item and why they felt it needed to be replaced.

Honda was an honest shop when Kyle Parker was the service manager. I can tell you personally that times have changed.

313-7-12thMan
Brazos Automotive
1702 Ponderosa
College Station
979-680-1234
inozips
AG
Go see Matt or Clay at B&B on Coulter
dubi
AG
inozips said:

Very honest.

Cost as much as a dealer.
Tumble Weed
inozips said:

They perform all the work on my vehicles. Super nice people. If I was out of town, I would send either one of my teenage daughters to this shop to have a car repaired.

Bunk Moreland
Phil Stratta

Stratta Auto Repair.
Kitten With A Whip
I highly recommend The Bug Clinic. Bill and Cecilia are awesome and have worked with me on price on more than one occasion just to help me out a bit. They are good at what they do and their prices are reasonable. They have replaced a long time mechanic that used to do work for even my parents vehicles. At first I was skeptical, as I am with any mechanic, but I have used them a handful of times now and I believe they are top knotch!
Nutmegger
AG
dubi said:

ratfacemcdougal said:

Someone just needs to go with her. Get a written list of what is required and what is optional.

My neighbor has an Odyssey and they gave her a huge handwritten list of items that needed to be repaired. She thought they all needed to be done to pass inspection. I went to the dealer to discuss the list and they told me that only one item was "required". I had them take me into the shop and show me each item and why they felt it needed to be replaced.

Honda was an honest shop when Kyle Parker was the service manager. I can tell you personally that times have changed.

I don't see why she would need someone else to go with her. Couldn't she simply ask for them to give her a written list and show her why they think each item needs replacement herself?

All it takes is a little research and walking in there with a little knowledge of the situation and your vehicle in general and they will take you more seriously.

I've personally never had this issue, but then again maybe I've just have better experiences because I drive stick shifts so they know not to mess with me...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.