Wedding and/or reception locations near BCS

3,947 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Thisguy1
Nutmegger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone been to any weddings recently in BCS? What locations do you or don't you recommend and why? I am in the beginning stages of wedding planning and am not sure where to have it yet. I've got a list of most of the popular venues in town already, but wanted to hear experiences and opinions from anyone who might have attended weddings at these locations. And it doesn't have to be just BCS either... I have researched a few near Conroe/Houston, but most of them seem to be much more expensive than the local venues. If you know of any unconventional and interesting locations, I'd definitely be interested in hearing about those as well!

We don't necessarily have a specific budget in mind, but obviously want to spend as little as possible. I do realize you get what you pay for, so I'm not looking for the absolute cheapest place around.... but maybe more like the best value. I don't need all the frills, but am willing to pay for some amenities if they make sense logistically. We actually contemplated doing the whole backyard wedding on his family's property to save money, but it almost seemed like it would wind up costing just as much after adding in the cost to rent tables, chairs, dance floor, tent (if it rains), restrooms, etc.

Also, has anyone ever done a destination wedding (or been to one)? That is another idea we had.... if it wouldn't break the bank that is!
BrazosWifi
In my travels around the countryside I have seen some rural sites that may be less expensive.

https://www.theamishbarnatedge.com/
https://www.brownstonereserve.com/
http://www.7flodge.com/

I am sure there are tons more but those came to mind when I read your post.

Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
frito bandito
Went to a wedding at 7F last month; have no idea what it cost, but it was nice. Rental cabins on site so one does not have to worry about drinking and driving if it is that kind of wedding/reception.

The wedding that I was intimately involved with this summer (son's) was in Indiana; nice venue at a new vineyard. Don't think that would help you, but I know how much everything cost.
frito bandito
Just remembered that one of my daughter's high school friends had her reception at the Washington on the Brazos museum this summer; very reasonable price. It is kind of out of the way, but such is life.
nwspmp
Few years ago I used The Cotton Exchange in downtown Bryan. We did most of the decoration work and had the facility from Friday afternoon to Sunday mid day for a VERY reasonable price. Looked great, plenty of space, great look and it was next to the LaSalle (where we had two rooms rented; one for the grooms setup and one for the bride's).
SchnauzerMom
Look at Moore Ranch on the Brazos and Peach Creek Ranch. Both are gorgeous! We were going to have our wedding at Moore Ranch, but decided to do destination instead. We went to Vegas, joined by our families and our closest friends, and had an awesome weekend celebrating! We got married at the chapel in our hotel. Then hosted a dinner for everyone at a steakhouse. After dinner was over, we all returned to the hotel for a night full of fun, gambling, and drinking!
happyinBCS
Calling Studioone
woodiewood1
- 7F is very nice.

- Moore Farm on the Brazos is very nice

- Millican Reserve has a nice small venue out on the lake.

All are nice in their own way.

src94
AG
I hear Royalty Pecan Farm is a good place.
EBrazosAg
AG
Broken Arrow Ranch on Hwy 30 has some business. Can't imagine it's terribly expensive - construction is much less elaborate than most of the other options posted above. I've been to all of them. Not Broken Arrow, but have seen from a distance.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TxSquarebody
+1 on cotton exchange. It is nice.
Wife and I had our reception at the Benjamin Knox Gallery. We had a limited budget and opted for a reception venue we didn't have to decorate much. Turned out fantastic!
Floor it until you see God
studioone
www.avalonweddingsbcs.com

prettiest venue in the brazos valley....

and probably the most economical...
studioone
happyinBCS said:

Calling Studioone
im here! thanks for acknowledging me!!
TAMU1990
AG
If you want to go an hour in the opposite direction there is the barn at 5S ranch in Thrall. My niece just had her wedding there. It was $2500 for the weekend (including the guest houses).
hurleyag
AG
We got married at the Phillips Event Center and were happy with our choice.
stinkerbelle
Went to a beach wedding in Florida (Destin) and it was absolutely beautiful. If I ever get married again, I want a destination wedding in the same place.
bobinator
AG
We got married at Peach Creek Ranch in April and that was a fantastic decision. Beautiful venue, the bridal/grooms cottages were awesome, unbelievable staff who helped us out with other decisions when we asked them, and their day-of coordination (included in the cost) was over the top good.

I honestly couldn't recommend the folks at Peach Creek more, they were tremendous and their facility is incredible. 100% think it was worth the price because of what's included, how helpful they are, and the number of things they provide that you don't have to worry about anymore.

A couple of things:

- If you're looking for bang for your buck, consider having the ceremony on a Sunday. That's what we did and the venue was about half of what it would be for a Saturday wedding. You'll have some people that take off early if they're going back out of town, but all of our family and close friends still stayed the whole time.

- Be sure to consider the cost of renting tables/chairs/speakers/tents/dance floor/whatever else you might need when looking at other venues that don't include that stuff. It makes a big difference, but some venues include all that (Peach Creek Ranch does) and others may not (like we also looked at Ronin Farms.)

- A guy I work with got married at Royalty Pecan farms and said it was nice. I wasn't there though so I don't have first hand experience on that one, but just echoing what someone else said.
rockelle
EBrazosAg said:

Broken Arrow Ranch on Hwy 30

Very nice place
http://brokenarrowranch.us
Good Bull Jones 17
AG
My wife and I got married at Moore Ranch just this past June. It was a fantastic wedding, we got so many compliments about the venue, and the Moores were very good to work with. Reasonable price for what you're getting. Pretty big, and not too far from CStat. Can't say enough good things about it.
gibby03
AG
Went to a wedding at Brownstone Reserve out near Kurten recently. Nice reception area and wedding ceremony outside. I don't know specifics but it was a pretty place and you can tell recently built.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Avalon

Royalty pecan
gettingitdone
My daughter had her reception at Broken Arrow and it was absolutely beautiful!!! It seats 300 easily!! The bridal suite is what sold it for us, but the entire property is beautiful. There is a small chapel next to the main venue center we hosted the rehearsal dinner in!! We couldn't have asked for a better place. We rented from Friday-Sunday at noon.
RDH80
AG
Second Peach Creek . My daughter wanted an outdoor wedding and indoor reception. The rain option for ceremony is a covered area that still has the same lake view as the grass area. Many outdoor venues do not have a rain option except to go into the reception area and rearrange everything at the last minute . They also have large white umbrellas for shade if you are looking for a ceremony during the warm/hot months . Option to rent the barndominium, 7 bedrooms and 5 baths if you have the 24 hour package (around $1500?) but it comes with the 48 hour package . Fire pit; Yard game area if the little ones need to get out and run around . Owners are fantastic ! Even though the reception area is large , it can be arranged for a smaller reception without looking like no one is there. Definitely should consider this one
Broncos
We were also married at Peach Creek Ranch in April. Everyone involved couldn't be happier with the venue and staff. Highly recommend.
gus1390
gus1390
AG
http://www.winddancerretreat.com/
jarz94
AG
I got married at and recommend the Amish Barn at Edge. The owners are great and flexible to work with. One underrated thing about this place is you have the venue from Wednesday to Sunday. Not just Saturday afternoon to set up and tear down your entire wedding. The venue comes with a large 3 bedroom house which comes in handy for you or your wedding party. They have staff there during the wedding to help with setup, taking out trash, etc.
JMac03
AG
We had our reception at the Kyle House. I personally would not recommend it. It was HOT. I realize it was in the middle of the summer, but I was sweating the entire time. And they didn't have enough food for my guests even though we were not over the number of RSVPs. I have been to several other events there and it was warm in there every time I've ever been. I hate to talk negatively about a place, but I do not want someone to have the same experience as we did. If you weren't having it in the summer, you probably wouldn't have the cooling issue. Other than those two issues, everything else was fine.
ArlingtonAg2015
AG
We got married at Messina Hof winery. Everyone had a great time. Wonderful staff and venue. Couldn't be happier.
Prune Tracy
JMac03
AG
Gangster Octopus said:

Had our reception there many years ago. The staff was rude, pushy, and kept all of the leftover food that we paid for. We were married in the Summer and it was really hot - Julie, the woman in charge, wouldn't let my wife's grandmother get a glass of water when she arrived because they wouldn't serve any food or drink until the bride and groom arrived.

I could have spent about half of what that place cost me and had a fun/relaxed reception somewhere else.
Now that you mention it - I seem to recall we had to pay for a set number of bottles of wine but couldn't keep any that were leftover, but were charged for them anyways.
jopatura
AG
The Gardens At Madeley Manor/Burkeshire Plantation in Conroe. We got married there about 6 years ago and loved it.
JavierC2005
Moore Ranch on the Brazos. I personally know the owners and they are great people that run a great wedding venue. Beautiful place out in the country.
atm86
AG
Try the Equine Center (on F&B Road/2818). Especially if you or a close relative are TAMUS employees.
quirkyaggie
AG
Consider Square One Downtown Bryan Event Center & Loft for events up to 75 people.

We do a lot of rehearsal dinners. www.sq1bryan.com email bookings@sq1bryan.com for availability and rates.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.