CSHS/A&M Consol high school football teams 2018 playoffs

4,910 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Tailgate88
eloc62
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My son told me CSHS won tonight. How did Consol do?
MsDoubleD81
AG
Consol won 40-12 according to Max Preps.
Stupe
S
CSHS plays Highland Park next week.

Ouch.
eloc62
Ouch is right. Wow, having to play Highland Park in 2nd round. That's tough. Who does Consol play next?
AggieBaseball06
AG
eloc62 said:

Ouch is right. Wow, having to play Highland Park in 2nd round. That's tough. Who does Consol play next?

Consol plays Fort Bend Marshall in Tomball.
Stupe
S
Both teams drew tough pretty tough brackets, that's for sure. Consol would probably have to play PNG if they beat Marshall...which will be no easy task. CS played Marshall the last two years in the playoffs and they were great games.

CS is probably going to have to make another 3 hour trip this weekend.

Tailgate88
AG
The Cougars play Highland Park next Saturday at 2:00 in Waco. Go Cougars!
Stupe
S
That is about a neutral as you can get for those two schools. I was really hoping for a Friday night game, though.
Tailgate88
AG
Consol plays Fort Bend Marshall 11/23 at 7pm
Stupe
S
If we get back from the Hill Country in time, I may try to make that Consol / Marshall game in Tomball. A few of my son's friends from church play for Consol and his best friend plays baseball for them.

Hopefully both schools will move on.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Re: CSHS vs Highland Park

Wonder when was the last time that two defending State champions played each other in the following year playoff run?
AG
SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

Re: CSHS vs Highland Park

Wonder when was the last time that two defending State champions played each other in the following year playoff run?

I'm not sure, that'd be interesting to see. Should be a fun one in Waco
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Stupe said:

Both teams drew tough pretty tough brackets, that's for sure. Consol would probably have to play PNG if they beat Marshall...which will be no easy task. CS played Marshall the last two years in the playoffs and they were great games.

FB Marshall AND PNG both years.

Consol is (so far) following the same path that CSHS went
AG
Highland Park won last year with mostly juniors and CS was very senior heavy. HP is state championship good again this year. CS not so much

Oogway
Well, as with any game, it's not over til the fat ref blows the whistle so good luck to all the Brazos Valley teams still playing and safe travels to all fans going to the games.
6-4-3
AG
Marshall is a tough match-up for Consol. I wish the Tigers could catch them later in the playoffs. The Buffs always have good secondary play and lots of team speed. That Missouri City area is full of great athletes. We will see. Hoping for a surprise on Friday night.

I think CSHS is going to upset Highland Park. HP is good, but their district is a little down this year (like Consol's district) and CSHS just needs to put late-game pressure on them and see if they blink. Lancaster is one of the few decent teams in that district, so HP had many lopsided games. CSHS has been in some tight games and that will help them in playoff football.

Good luck to both maroon and purple. Let's get it done.
Stupe
S
Surprisingly, CS has had issues with untimely penalties all year, including several unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. If they do that against Highland Park, it won't be a game in the fourth quarter.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
I think it will come down to execution and lack of mistakes. Maybe special teams.

Similar to the Poteet game this year and the Aledo game last year

HP QB (Chad Morris kid) is the real deal. Better than the Jones kid last year. They have a real good RB as well.

I'll be there and then haul boogie back hopefully im time to make LSU kickoff
AG
FB SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

Stupe said:

FB Marshall AND PNG both years.

Consol is (so far) following the same path that CSHS went

Except FB Marshall has Malik Hornsby this year.
The Good Aggieboy19
AG
Stupe said:

Surprisingly, CS has had issues with untimely penalties all year, including several unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. If they do that against Highland Park, it won't be a game in the fourth quarter.

If the game comes down to special teams, that's good for CSHS. They take special teams much more seriously than most teams, and the coordinator is a genius.
Oogway
Both of the College Station teams have strengths, and a lot will depend upon how capable they are at shoring up their weaknesses. I have no doubt that the players are hyped for their games.
powerbelly
AG
SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

I think it will come down to execution and lack of mistakes. Maybe special teams.

Similar to the Poteet game this year and the Aledo game last year

HP QB (Chad Morris kid) is the real deal. Better than the Jones kid last year. They have a real good RB as well.

I'll be there and then haul boogie back hopefully im time to make LSU kickoff
He isn't near the clutch player Jones was.
6-4-3
AG
49-31 Buffs. Consol has an early 10-0 lead but too much Devon Achane. Achane is a more dynamic player than Malik Hornsby in my opinion. Electric.

Good season Tigers!!
aggiegal99
Anyone know what radio station the CSHS game is on?
Tailgate88
AG
Maverick 100.9. Cougars lead 13-7 at the half.
jeffk
AG
Scots now up 21-13 start of the 4th.
Tailgate88
AG
The Cougars season comes to an end 20-28. It was a heck of a game and HP is a very good team.
BANA89
AG
Anybody have a feel for what Consol and CSHS are losing to graduation and what the underclassmen talent looks like returning? And the implications for next season?
BANA Class of '86/'89 - Living in Aggieland!
Tailgate88
AG
BANA89 said:

Anybody have a feel for what Consol and CSHS are losing to graduation and what the underclassmen talent looks like returning? And the implications for next season?
I can't speak for Consol, but the future is looking bright for CSHS.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.