Santa's Wonderland

6,260 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by JayAggie
Oogway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Santa's Wonderland in any way.

Wanted to give a heads up to anyone who plans on a visit to Santa's Wonderland: this last week they have begun with the Super Saver tickets which are $20 off the regular prices for adults and children but are date restricted so if you want to take advantage of the discount, make sure you check the dates when you buy.
EliteElectric
The new snow mountian thing is pretty cool too, we went on opening night and had a blast tubing through the snow!
gopitt
A Christmas tradition. Gets better every year and brings thousands of visitors to the Brazos Valley.
texasaggie04
AG
Question. A friend of mine has hay allergies. Any way to avoid it? Or is it load up on antihistamines...?
Oogway
Well, antihistamines might enhance the twinkling lights, but if that sounds less than appealing, I believe they have carriage rides too. You'd still be near hay, but perhaps not as much?
Charli
Yes there are carriage rides. Definitely worth looking into...
meezermom
We have never been and I would LOVE to take the kids (9 and 11), but that line just turns me off every time I see it. Any tips or tricks - and how long does it really take to get in if you're at the back of that line?!
KidDoc
AG
They have snow tubing?!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Aggie
AG
meezermom said:

We have never been and I would LOVE to take the kids (9 and 11), but that line just turns me off every time I see it. Any tips or tricks - and how long does it really take to get in if you're at the back of that line?!

Go during the week
I'm not a huge fan of the place but my wife and kids love it. We have been the last 2 years and went on a weekday and both times there was plenty of people there but lines were never an issue.
The line out front moves fairly quickly
jja79
AG
I'd rather pay to park at Century Square than endure SWL. It is an awesome place though.
EliteElectric
KidDoc said:

They have snow tubing?!
yes

EliteElectric
KidDoc
AG
EliteElectric said:

Thanks for posting. Pretty tame but understandable considering how many times I hurt myself is a kid snow tubing near Albuquerque in the 70's!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
EliteElectric
Yeah my 4 yo loved it though
Captn_Ag05
AG
Any idea why they decided not to include the A&M lights in the trail of lights this year? Was a little disappointed to not see it as usual.
CrazyAgE
Captn_Ag05 said:

Any idea why they decided not to include the A&M lights in the trail of lights this year? Was a little disappointed to not see it as usual.

That was one of the first things we said as well
Captn_Ag05
AG
Guessing the feel they have outgrown it.
The Collective
AG
Their website says that they are open until midnight on Fridays. Does the crowd start to lighten up after 10?
UmustBKidding
I expect they got a c&d letter that they were using a trademark without a license.
LGAggie
AG
Their website says they open at 6 but you can buy VIP parking starting at 5. Any idea what the earliest we can go is? I've got young kids so earlier would be better for us.
MarineBQ04
AG
On weekends they open at 2pm. However they do not start doing the hayride until it gets dark. Usually 6pm is the first hayride they do .
LGAggie
AG
I called spoke to Santa's Wonderland. The gates open at 6. People start lining up at the gates before then though to get a good spot for Santa's entrance.
legalbird
Bob French was doing a live show on 12/12 at Wonderland and he actually talked with Santa
JayAggie
AG
We went during the week, they stay open until 11:00 then, and by 9:30 the kids were going down Snow Mountain with no wait and parking lot was pretty close to empty. I imagine by 10:00 or 10:30 on a weekend it would be the same.
JayAggie
AG
If you pay for "Rudolph" parking stay in the left lane "free parking" to skip the other paid parking lot "Prancer" as you pass Prancer slide on over to right lane and head into "Rudolph".

The line is intimidating, but moved fast. We got there about 6:20ish and took about 10-15 minutes, then we realized Rudolph lot was further ahead and we could've skipped line.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.