Suddenlink internet slow?

2,226 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by oldag76
woodiewood1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mine has been slow or off all day. I have reset everything multiple time and rebooted my computer.
gibby03
AG
Suddenlink sucks. But it's our only LEGITIMATE option so we have to deal with it. In saying that, mine was really slow yesterday but not so much today.
carpe vinum
AG
Someone just laid fiber down Arrington, I'm anxious to find out who and how much.

Few things would please me more than to see suddenlink run out of town.
hoodlum98
AG
My WiFi connection just crapped out and yes I have suddenlink.
aggiepaintrain
AG
yes
FJB
Justin2010
AG
gibby03 said:

Suddenlink sucks. But it's our only LEGITIMATE option so we have to deal with it. In saying that, mine was really slow yesterday but not so much today.

Are you kidding? PC Mag says they have THE FASTEST INTERNET IN THE COUNTRY.
DanHo2010
AG
As someone who has to maintain relationships with multiple ISPs across the state for business purposes, I can tell you that Suddenlink, while not perfect, is far, FAR above average in speed, reliability, and customer service. In my experience, they are hands down the best major internet provider in the state. Could someone come along and be better? Sure. But I haven't found them yet.
talich
My Suddenlink connection went down when we had heavy rains. It happened at least twice in recent two months. So I guess there is some infrastructure issue.
rsa
AG
carpe vinum said:

Someone just laid fiber down Arrington, I'm anxious to find out who and how much.

The new Mission Ranch development (Deacon & Holleman) is using fiber optic. Monthly charge will be built into the HOA fees.
InMyOpinion
rsa said:

carpe vinum said:

The new Mission Ranch development (Deacon & Holleman) is using fiber optic. Monthly charge will be built into the HOA fees.

I take this as saying Mission ranch paid for the fiber to be laid and will recoup costs via HOA fees? So they can control who uses the fiber to provide services for the subdivision?
techno-ag
AG
talich said:

My Suddenlink connection went down when we had heavy rains. It happened at least twice in recent two months. So I guess there is some infrastructure issue.
This used to be a selling point against installing Dish or DirecTV, until people figured out cable goes out in storms too, occasionally.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
oldag76
AG
I truly believe they are throttling service to try to push folks to spend another $15-20 a month for faster speeds. They are badgering me almost daily. Suddenly their system shows I am using 3x the amount per day, and I am getting emails twice a day for upgrade offers.
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PXChg.gif[/IMG]
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.