Self-service dog wash recommendations ?

2,406 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by txgardengirl
90 bull
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any suggestions?
Agronomist
AG
Lucky Dogs is great !
Broncos
Your bathtub.
90 bull
AG
And when your temporary living arrangement is shower only, that is not an option.
Bucketrunner
Pet Supplies Plus in the shopping center behind Cracker Barrel
BaitShack
AG
Pet supplies plus had pretty good prices the last time I checked.
BaitShack
AG
There's a hose at Steeplechase dog park in College Station. Right by the playground. Most of us hose our dogs off at the end of a romp. With that said, it's a little chilly out there.
JMac03
AG
The set-up at Pet Supplies Plus looked to be a little better than at Lucky Dog - but I didn't look super close. Last time at Lucky, the suction cup came off, my terrified dog ran out of the tub, the slanted walk up bench thing fell and she nearly made it out the door. She was terrified of the basin and the noise the chains made that hook up to the suction cups. My complaint to them was that their basins need to close all the way - my dog could have easily broken a leg falling/jumping from there. It looked like Pet Supplies closed all the way once they were in it (once again only looked at it from far away, not up close).
tbone94
AG
I've been to lucky dog, and was impressed with the facility and the employees. Very good choice.
philothea
I haven't been and I am not 100% sure it is opened quite yet but Tractor Supply in College Station has added a self service dog wash in their store. I was there last week and they just needed the city inspection to be completed and approved. I haven't seen the setup yet. Just a possible other option to check out.
Lex
We only took my roommates rottie ro pet supply plus. He is older and doesn't like loud or new things. That being said he loves going there to get baths. Make sure you get the card thing it's like $20 for 5 washes.
JMac03
AG
Lex said:

We only took my roommates rottie ro pet supply plus. He is older and doesn't like loud or new things. That being said he loves going there to get baths. Make sure you get the card thing it's like $20 for 5 washes.
That is a great deal! Way cheaper than the other place.
LightningDammitt
AG
I will second Pet Supplies Plus experience...

They have two stations for those of us with two dogs... One is elevated higher than the other... (less bending over when washing smaller dogs...).

And yes the card is a great option... otherwise about $5 a wash... depending on how long you take washing.

We have a boxer and a dalmation... we have never needed more than $5 per dog.
harrierdoc
AG
actually, that's incorrect.

In fact, I prefer to wash my dog in my shower. I get in with bathing suit, wash, rinse. The hair is much easier to clean out, despite having a tile shower. I use a pail to collect water to rinse. Would be even easier if we had a handheld shower head. Then, towel off, without having to worry about getting water everywhere when they shake.

Now, our dog is about 45 lbs, but not terribly tall. We also have a little bit larger shower than average.
90 bull
AG
We tried it and it doesn't work with our dog. We will go to pet supplies plus. It seems to have the best value for us
JMac03
AG
Went to Pet Supplies Plus just now. Was very pleased. $10 single wash or $25 for 5 if you prepay. My dog did way better in the low wash bay than she did at Lucky Wash. and she is $20 at Lucky for a single wash. Granted they don't have all the "extras" like the stuff to clean ears, etc but I don't need all that. Great value IMO.
txgardengirl
I've also heard great things about the new wash area at Tractor Supply - it's nice to have options in town now!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.