Christmas Lights

3,283 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by michellecan
rrose
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Best company for installing Christmas Lights on house.
medjunkie
https://www.wehangchristmaslights.com
Great guy also owns his own pressure washing/ car detailing business here in town
CS78
What's a realistic average cost on something like this?
ag009
AG
Greener LawnScapes is a lawncare/maintence company that does them as well. Uses professional, LED with a variety of color options.
jasonw
ABC Home and Commercial Services. They have been doing custom lights for about 15 years.
jskin261
I would also like to know the cost per linear foot for professionally installed lights. If I wanted to purchase C9 LED lights on 12" spacing from the company installing the lights what would be the cost below?

Cost per LF of sidewalk border lights?
Cost per LF of roof lights along fascia board?
Sinuso
AG
I, too am interested, but I don't see any numbers ($$) on responses yet. I'm afraid this is one of those, "If you have to ask, you can't afford it" kind of things. I got a quote a few years ago and I remember that it took my breath away ~$1000, or so. No thanks, I'll 'Clark Griswold' it for that much $$.
Brewmaster
AG
katlong said:

Greener LawnScapes is a lawncare/maintence company that does them as well. Uses professional, LED with a variety of color options.
+ 1 for Daniel and his guys

I think the first year it was around $250 (cost of lights plus install), then this year it's $150. This is installed at the eaves, our house is around 2100 sq ft. We have pretty steep eaves, I wouldn't attempt this myself!

(979) 705-9545
jrhmc
AG
BREwmaster said:

katlong said:

+ 1 for Daniel and his guys

I think the first year it was around $250 (cost of lights plus install), then this year it's $150. This is installed at the eaves, our house is around 2100 sq ft. We have pretty steep eaves, I wouldn't attempt this myself!

(979) 705-9545
Does that include taking them down at the end of the season?
jskin261
I am currently doing my own "custom length" lights and here are my costs.

1000' spool C9 string 12" OC sockets no bulbes $269.61 ($0.27 LF)
C9 minleon warm white LED bulbs $1.04 each
Light cord plug ends $0.83 each
Shingle tabs $0.14 each
Yard stakes $0.05 each

Cost per LF
Roof $1.45 per LF
Driveway $1.36 per LF

greenerlawnscapes
Howdy! Daniel with Greener LawnScapes here. To confirm what was stated above, we do custom Christmas lights this time of year. We use professional grade LED lights that last a long time and rarely cause any problems with breakers or what not. You purchase the lights + labor to install in year one. Then in year two, it is just the labor charge. This includes installation and tear down.

If you have any questions or would like a custom quote, feel free to visit our new website (which also describes other services offered) or give me a call at 979-705-9545.

missB
We used College Guys Christmas Lights. They are exactly their name...college guys earning money. Very easy to work with, nice and polite (gosh I sound OLD!). Charged us $250 to string lights along the roofline. That doesn't include purchase of lights which we bought from Lowe's.

Greener lawnscapes sounds like a good deal too!
KaneIsAble
AG
jskin261 said:

I am currently doing my own "custom length" lights and here are my costs.

1000' spool C9 string 12" OC sockets no bulbes $269.61 ($0.27 LF)
C9 minleon warm white LED bulbs $1.04 each
Light cord plug ends $0.83 each
Shingle tabs $0.14 each
Yard stakes $0.05 each

Cost per LF
Roof $1.45 per LF
Driveway $1.36 per LF

Do you mind sharing where you got all of this? I have no problems with roofs or the labor but I've never tried to put a plug end on. That's honestly been my only set back.
jskin261
I purchase my lighting supplies from Action Lighting

If you look up vampire plug on Youtube it shows how to install plug ends (very easy)

RJ3
AG
My name is Bo Jenkins with ABC Home and Commercial Service, we've been doing Christmas light installs on homes in BCS for many years. Our process for lights is simple and pretty straight forward. We first send a designer/installer out to the home to go over ideas and also work within your budget to create a design. The installation is a custom fit on your home with commercial grade strings and high quality LED bulbs. After the holidays are over we come back, take down the lights, store them in a container, and put them in your attic or garage. The following year reinstall cost is about half since its just labor to put up and take down the lights. We offer discounts to customers who put their lights up before Halloween and also Thanksgiving. Our website ABC Home and Commercial has a lot more info and videos on our program.

One thing we always remind customers is that you can always add more lights on in the following years. We view Christmas Lighting as a long term relationship so you want to make sure you go with a company that will come back next year and is going to be in business here for a long time.

I can promise once you've had your lights done professionally, you'll never want to get on a ladder and do it yourself again.
michellecan
+1 for wehangchristmaslights.com
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.