So, what's everyone's thoughts on this snow fall promo for free A/C systems?

4,953 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Txmoe
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Just wanted to drop in real quick to see what thoughts were on our Snow Flake Promo we have going on:

• Basically, the idea is if it snows (1/2 inch+) at Easterwood Airport on New Year's Day, we get to reimburse homeowners who replace an old A/C or Heater with us between Oct 25th and Dec 21st. for free*

Overall it's a way to get homeowners who need to get their A/C system which limped thru summer or had bids to replace/repair, an extra incentive to do so before the end of this year. Why before the end of this year?

• Attic's are HOTT during the Summer vs. Pleasant during Fall/ Winter
  • Off Season Prices already, + probably the lowest prices for many years
  • - The R-22 Phase out is Jan 1. 2020 (not too far away now) - HVAC service/replacement costs will likely increase for awhile
  • Several end of the year Financing options (wac)
  • 10 year warranties (Parts & Labor) + 10yr Bi-Annual Efficiency / Maintenance Service <-- good value on this one
  • Lifetime compressor warranties - Because ya'll spoke and we listened

Bonus : Snow Flake Promo
  • Maybe we can give our customers a $3,500- $8,500+ replacement for any old, inefficient, leaky or busted A/C System for Free if it Snows on New Year's Day *

Well Texags, that's our pitch.
We would also like to thank our supporters/ customers who helped take us from Start-up Aggieland to our 2nd Aggie 100 Award tonight. Whoop! Proud to be one of the several local companies ranking on the list!

If you're needing to replace an old A/C System we still have ~28 replacement residential A/C & Heating systems for our Fall Install Prices + Snow Flake Promo before Christmas.

Thanks! & Please let us know what you think about what all we have going on below!

* means visit our website www.ecozapphvac.com for details, qualifying purchases and more.

www.ecozapphvac.com
- check out our Air Purifiers for 2020 -

Expert Analysis
AG
You asked for opinions so...
I'm not in the market and wish you would stop posting. I do understand texags need to make money so do what you got to do.
bobinator
AG
Since you're soliciting opinions, there's nowhere close to enough of a chance of it happening to make it an interesting gimmick sale. It's not like "the Astros winning the world series" or "The Aggies beating South Carolina by at least ten" or whatever that one was.

The odds of a 1/2" of snow on new year's even in college station are so remote that you might as well throw in a few more random things, like if we make first contact with an alien species before the end of the year or if Elvis comes back.
TxSquarebody
If someone is in the market for a new unit, I'd say they should go for it! Sure, the chance of snow is slim, and odds are on the "house", but it's not like anyone else is offering a chance at free stuff. Maybe just post the promotion and not solicit responses though?
Floor it until you see God
legalbird
I only ask that you don't clutter that sidewalks and intersections with plastic signs on metal stakes. That trashes out the town
snaglepuss
bs
carpe vinum
AG
It will be a fraud just like your last "free system" deal where in truth it's a rebate and you mark everything up triple so there's nothing free AT ALL.

Your scam is transparent, and apparently I'm not the only one that noticed.

Scam artists that should be called out each and every time.

Your entire business plan exudes SCAM.

Maybe you can find a sucker to buy you out again then move on to your next angle.

Have you ever heard of Amway?
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
carpe vinum said:

It will be a fraud just like your last "free system" deal where in truth it's a rebate and you mark everything up triple so there's nothing free AT ALL.

Your scam is transparent, and apparently I'm not the only one that noticed.

Chill dude. lets run thru this..

- 1. We have a goal to giveaway 1 free Replacement A/C system to our Social media followers / for good causes, every month as part of our business plan starting in 2019. - 12 - Free Replacement systems is our goal for 2019.

As a small business this is about the easiest way for us to giveback and do something meaningful by helping out at least 12 homeowners every year with an expensive & often unexpected item. Replacing A/C Systems really efficiently is something we focus on every day, so doing a bunch for free every year is one way I want EcoZapp to be able to constantly giveback. If we can replace the most efficiently, we can help out hopefully 12 more ppl every year with an expensive item as a small business.- and that's a good thing. We got to help out a handful of ppl this year in a big way, which is something we weren't able to as a tiny business last year.

One thing we've learned over the past 5 years, is that we weren't able to really build a business that had a capacity to really giveback much. Now that our Team is getting great at helping people with old A/C Systems- it's now part of our plan to continuously do this as we grow.

2. Snow Flake Promo- if you read the original post you would see that we actually are in the 'Fall Price' mode of the A/C year. 'Fall Price' time of the year means your saving sometimes 10%+ from a couple months ago already.
Which means install prices are the lowest of the year not "triple" as to your assumption.

So... No price inflation on this promo, we want to keep our crews busy when attics aren't on FIRE!! so we want to replace old A/C systems during the slow time. - that's all

But... if it does snow, it could all be for free* with this 'kinda' dumb Snow Flake Promo. Probably won't snow, but nobody knows.?? ( even google doesn't)

Fun part is there's a chance we could reimburse a lot of money to ~35 homeowners for replacing a system which needs to be replaced already. - That would be a good story
www.ecozapphvac.com

EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers

Everyone be warned, the Millennials are entering the Trades. Pretty soon we're going to be offering residential plumbing and electrical ( mainly to help our HVAC installs but also two additional services).

We'll gonna have 10x the grumpy ppl complaining about us on the interwebs.
www.ecozapphvac.com

CactusThomas
Love Gun
So let me get this straight - You're giving away a FREE air conditioning system based on the unlikelihood of a weather pattern that may or may not happen on one (1) day of the year in an area that hasn't experienced that type of weather since at least the last 40 years.

Good luck with that.

How is this company still in business and does TexAgs really need the money that bad to allow them to advertise?
AggiePhil
AG
Sure would be a shame.
AgGunNut
BrazosDog02
AG
How about free furniture if the astros won the World Series ?
saltydog13
AG
To be fair, it did snow twice last year and one of those days was quite a bit more than .5". I agree though, the likelihood of getting measurable snow for the entire winter is already super low, much less on one specific day.
Love Gun
saltydog13 said:

To be fair, it did snow twice last year and one of those days was quite a bit more than .5". I agree though, the likelihood of getting measurable snow for the entire winter is already super low, much less on one specific day.

I was referring to New Year's Day
saltydog13
AG
Yes I realize that and agreed on that. Then you added "in an area that hasn't experienced that type of weather since at least the last 40 years" which is where my sarcasm was geared towards.
Love Gun
saltydog13 said:

Yes I realize that and agreed on that. Then you added "in an area that hasn't experienced that type of weather since at least the last 40 years" which is where my sarcasm was geared towards.

I gotcha. I know it showed a few inches on December 7 last year. Semantics, regardless
Nom de Plume
AG
Your semantics are wrong.
LastHamlet
AG
Expert Analysis said:

I'm not in the market and wish you would stop posting. I do understand texags need to make money so do what you got to do.

TexAgs has an ignore function. You should try it if a poster bothers you.
AggiePhil
AG
LastHamlet said:

Tell me more...
trouble
AG
Gotta have at least 1 star.

It's honestly the only reason I have one.
trouble
AG
LastHamlet said:

Expert Analysis said:

I don't think it works on sponsor posts
LastHamlet
AG
AggiePhil said:

LastHamlet said:

Tell me more...
Click on the Username and then click "Ignore User" but sadly as I just saw it doesn't work on sponsors.
Stupe
S
Expert Analysis said:

I know the owners of a couple of other A/C companies in town and they don't want him to stop posting on here.
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
Stupe said:

Expert Analysis said:

I know the owners of a couple of other A/C companies in town and they don't want him to stop posting on here.
That sure explains the source of your stances on some of the dumb arguments you have had with me huh?

My grumpy competitors talking bad about EcoZapp and a hater is formed with a fun username

www.ecozapphvac.com

Stupe
S
Your attitude and tone on here are the source of your arguments. Nothing else. If you doubt that, look at the posts with a high number of stars on any of your threads. You can't even take comments that are intended as good advice for what they are and respond in a mocking manner.

Edit: For the record, you weren't "bad-mouthed" by anyone that owned a business. At all.
Broncos
Well, if this isn't a train wreck I don't know what is...
Love Gun
Dude can't get out of his own way, can he? It's almost comical at this point because my teenager always has to have the last word, too.

EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
Hey, just a thought... about that last word stuff.. Wouldn't it be fun if it snowed tomorrow?

Chances of snow on New Year's day- not possible according to some above. but tomorrow... There Is A chance
www.ecozapphvac.com

saltydog13
AG
There's literally 0% chance of precipitation until next Monday
Love Gun
saltydog13 said:

There's literally 0% chance of precipitation until next Monday

His reaction.....

Love Gun
Alright Zapp guy, I'm man enough to admit when I was wrong. There's snow flurries outside right now. Congrats on predicting that 8 hours prior.

I still think your customer service and business professionalism sucks. Have a nice day.
Stupe
S
For the record, that isn't a bad promotion for people that are looking to replace their system, anyway.

It wouldn't be enough for me to choose a Goodman over Trane, Carrier, or Lennox....but it's a good promotion.

However, your attitude on here would prevent me from buying a Goodman from you even with that promotion if that's what I was in the market for.
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
Stupe said:

For the record, that isn't a bad promotion for people that are looking to replace their system, anyway.

It wouldn't be enough for me to choose a Goodman over Trane, Carrier, or Lennox....but it's a good promotion.

However, your attitude on here would prevent me from buying a Goodman from you even with that promotion if that's what I was in the market for.
Again.. hanging out with a bunch of hvac guys and they tell you invalid info... All those system are basically the exact same thing, and we're really more Comfortmakers now which is basically a Carrier system, and Carrier systems are basically composed of all the exact same parts as all other systems.

Only difference between manufactures is really logistics and which accounting department/ assembly line you're dealing with and where they are located.
www.ecozapphvac.com

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.