Looking for a Directv Technician

1,298 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by UmustBKidding
aggmaroon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We need a Directv SWM Slimline satellite for our tailgate on Saturday because ours is not working. We are having a real issue getting a technician to respond. We'd like to just buy one. Any suggestions?? It would be greatly appreciated.
WheelinAg
AG
Do you need just the dish? LNB?

Do you have friendly tailgate neighbors that would share either a satellite connection or HDMI?

Can always go to student neighborhoods and start knocking on doors
aggmaroon
AG
We only need the dish. We have used a splitter with tailgate neighbors once, but it is difficult. You have to be on the same channel, etc. We would really prefer to have our own dish. It seems impossible to get in touch with a tech to buy one since AT&T took over. The local guy, Brent, was always very good, but he can't do it for Directv anymore.
WheelinAg
AG
You can do different channels on a SWM splitter. I have an extra dish, but it's on a rental house and I don't really want to get on a roof today. I know of another one near my work that I scoped out when we bent our dish last year... I'll take a look later and see if it's still there.
aggmaroon
AG
Thank you! Fingers crossed. We've had no look. Not to mention it looks like we won't have any close neighbors at the tailgate. I guess people don't like 11am and cold weather.
UmustBKidding
Most current dishes have a built in SWM built in you just need a port on the dish not a splitter. Don't know these days but Brent, or any of the local places like Audio Video, CEO DefTech would have them. Can always order from Solid Signal but late in the game for tomorrow.
As said before look for them on houses in places that did not have cable but do now like Castle Gate & Creek Meadows, and bring your ladder.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.