Aggieland
Sponsored By

Mexican Food

Jonathan Taylor Thomas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's been several years since I've been to Aggieland. Looking for a Mexican restaurant for dinner. I have no idea what's even still around.

Nothing super fancy, but don't want fast food/fast casual.
agrab86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We like Jose's on Texas Avenue in Bryan or Cilantro in downtown Bryan.

If I were you, I'd stay away from the chain restaurants in CS.

CS has a lot of taco restaurants, MadTaco, Fuegos, Torchy's, etc, so if you want that type of place then those are supposed to be pretty good, some interesting options on the menu though a tad pricey.
SchnauzerMom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Agree with Agrab. Would avoid Casa Rod as it has really gone downhill in recent years. If you are up for a short drive, there is La Casita in Navasota that is good.

ETA: Also, Yole's La Familia. Located in the end unit of the Chevron building in Wellborn. Phenomenal food and BYOB!
jja79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Coco Loco on Welsh, La Carreta on 21, Jesse's on Villa Maria, Mi Pueblito on S College are my go to places.
michellecan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
+1 for Jesse's Taqueria on Villa Maria
SchnauzerMom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shhhh, don't tell people about Mi Pueblito. Lets keep that place secret!
jja79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Too far fro SoCS folks to drive anyway.
75AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Man, y'all be some MexFood snobs. We're talking MexFood, not some fine dinery. Lupe Tortilla is good enough. Food is good. Chips and salsa is good. Margaritas, tequila, beer are all good.
TxSquarebody
How long do you want to ignore this user?
+1 on La Carreta...not open for dinner though
Political correctness is the belief perpetuated by the liberal media that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Love Gun
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pepe's. Duh.
Fonzie Scheme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
75AG said:

Man, y'all be some MexFood snobs. We're talking MexFood, not some fine dinery. Lupe Tortilla is good enough. Food is good. Chips and salsa is good. Margaritas, tequila, beer are all good.

Do you eat Kal Kan or Pedigree on a regular basis. Lupe Tortilla is dog food.
Broncos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cilantro in downtown Bryan has some excellent fajitas.
Love Gun
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fonzie Scheme said:

75AG said:

Man, y'all be some MexFood snobs. We're talking MexFood, not some fine dinery. Lupe Tortilla is good enough. Food is good. Chips and salsa is good. Margaritas, tequila, beer are all good.

Do you eat Kal Kan or Pedigree on a regular basis. Lupe Tortilla is dog food.

Agreed. I went once, a few months ago. The food was absolute garbage. Reminded me of Pancho's from back in the day.

La Casita in Navasota is my go-to. If I want to stay local, I go to the Bryan (very important) Los Cucos, but the service was beginning to lack when I went a couple months ago. The CS one sucks.
AgSportsFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Little harsh don't you think?
jja79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
75AG said:

Man, y'all be some MexFood snobs. We're talking MexFood, not some fine dinery. Lupe Tortilla is good enough. Food is good. Chips and salsa is good. Margaritas, tequila, beer are all good.


The man asked for suggestions and people offered some. I'm not sure why you felt this response was necessary.
75AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Get your panties out of your crack. It was just an attempt at a little levity.
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This thread is hilarious. All these places serve the same beans/rice/enchilada/tamale/taco fare with very little differential between any of them.
rsa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
+1 for La Casita in Navasota. Consistently good food and service.

Erick's Mexican Restaurant in Navasota is also good. Their shrimp a la diabla has a nice kick to it.
Mr_mo8268
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lupe tortilla is my favorite. Love the lime marinade.

But be careful there might be a patron with a dog with them. Hope that doesn't ruffle your feathers too much...
musicforall
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jose's on Texas Ave. is still around for a reason. Family restaurant. Somehow two blocks too far north for the students. Anything with chicken is excellent. Their green enchiladas make me feel like I am eating healthy, but I am lying to myself. They bring chips until you beg them to stop. The chili rellano is very good. They will warn you, their fajitas are not like modern fajitas with all the stuff - old fashioned, mostly just well seasoned meat and tortillas. Now I want Mexican food.
jja79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
75AG said:

Get your panties out of your crack. It was just an attempt at a little levity.


In the past were you good at levity?
75AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jja79 said:

75AG said:

Get your panties out of your crack. It was just an attempt at a little levity.


In the past were you good at levity?
Ah man... old age is catching up with me....

I've been off my game since the mods threatened to ban me because I asked if Sam Torn was an investor in TexAgs. I'll probably get banned for mentioning it here.
Tumble Weed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
El Sol De Mexico. It's cheap, it's greasy, and it's in a bad part of town. It reminds me of West Texas in the 80's just a little bit.
Kitten With A Whip
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have several go-to places, but for this I'm going to suggest Jose's. It's not fast food, it's just a really good Tex-Mex restaurant where you can sit, eat and enjoy each other's company.
agrab86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tumble Weed said:

El Sol De Mexico. It's cheap, it's greasy, and it's in a bad part of town. It reminds me of West Texas in the 80's just a little bit.

There's a second El Sol de Mexico in the Tejas Center if the original location is too scary. Both locations are pretty good.
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
La Carreta Grill, Hwy 21.
doubledog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jonathan Taylor Thomas said:

It's been several years since I've been to Aggieland. Looking for a Mexican restaurant for dinner. I have no idea what's even still around.

Nothing super fancy, but don't want fast food/fast casual.
Are you looking for standard Tex-Mex or authentic Mexican dishes?
BrazosBQ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Zarape's ... RIP
sambo13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Polly's Cocina in the Shell building at Rock Prairie and Wellborn. Super underrated and often forgotten about.
Jonathan Taylor Thomas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Went to Jose's. Honestly, was not a fan. I got the beef fajita burrito and it was not very good. Girlfriend got tacos and they were decent.
Slicer97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Really miss Los Nortenos.

La Perla Tapatia was also really good if you speak spanish and don't mind risking a stab wound or two.
Slicer97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
doubledog said:

Jonathan Taylor Thomas said:

It's been several years since I've been to Aggieland. Looking for a Mexican restaurant for dinner. I have no idea what's even still around.

Nothing super fancy, but don't want fast food/fast casual.
Are you looking for standard Tex-Mex or authentic Mexican dishes?
Are there any interior mexican places in BCS? Everyplace I've ever been there is texmex. Not that there's anything wrong with texmex.
CharlieBrown17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There's a place on Coulter in Bryan that's more traditional. Mostly Spanish speaking employees so if you no habla ordering is fun.

It's good though. No idea if it's interior Mexican exactly but it's not Tex Mex
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Two places on Coulter: Magui's Taqueria, and Raspas al Payasito. Both good for tacos, and tortas at the latter, but very bare bones joints.
CharlieBrown17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Raspas is the one I was thinking of
Page 1 of 2
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.