Mexican Food

7,092 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Tailgate88
blinnboy83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I used to love taking my wife to La Perla. She would get leered at, but she said the enchiladas and salsa were worth it. Also used to love Coco Loco as well. It looks like I used to eat at La Carreta too, based on it's location to the old Mi Cocina, but I seem to remember it having a different name.

I did stop in at Jesse's based on Yelp reviews and it delivered the goods for breakfast. Will go back next time I visit inlaws, seemed like a great place.
bobinator
AG
I love Raspas el Payasito, the family that runs it is originally from San Luis Potosi in Mexico. I'm not sure what exactly defines 'interior' Mexico, but it's basically right in the middle.

I'll die on the hill that Raspas has the best dinner mexican food in town. A lot of other places come into the mix if you're talking about breakfast, but for lunch or dinner I think it's the best.

Like someone else said though, there's a couple of people that work there that speak english, but if they don't happen to be there you're gonna need to speak a little spanish or just point to what you want on the menu and don't try to make any changes to it.
C-2ag99
AG
If you haven't had Jesse's for breakfast you're missing out!
CrazyAgE
Also, Jessie's #2 on Villa Maria changed their hours and I believe no longer serves past 3:00pm. Sign on the door when I was there today
(Removed:11023A)
AG
For me, being Mexican (born in Mexico City) none are really that good but the one that comes close is Los Cucos in Bryan by the movie theater. The rest are same old same old. My nephews who are from Guadalajara and are studying at A&M seem to like El Sol de Mexico. Just my 2 pesos
AggiePhil
AG
Tried Jesse's 2 for breakfast a few weeks ago. Wasn't impressed. Wasn't bad or anything, just wasn't overly impressed nor was it worth the drive into Bryan. YMMV
Slicer97
AG
In this general area, if it has yellow cheese on it, it's TexMex. If it don't come with yellow cheese, it's nortenos mex. Both are real, real good. Eat as much of either/or as you can (or your waistline allows...good and healthy don't have to be mutually exclusive, but they often are).
Tailgate88
AG
If you haven't checked out Cilantro yet, you should!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.