Curbside Voting?

1,353 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Kitten With A Whip
Kitten With A Whip
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I hadn't heard of this before, but someone mentioned it earlier and it made me curious? Is this available here? I have never seen or heard such a thing, but I imagine there are some who might have trouble standing for long periods or difficulty with wheel chairs or other mobility equipment.
91_Aggie
AG
It seems Absentee Voting would be the simple solution for this that already exists.

Am I eligible to vote by mail?
The Texas Secretary of State says you must meet one of the following criteria to be eligible for an absentee ballot.
  • You are 65 years or older;
  • disabled;
  • out of the county on Election Day and during the period for early voting by personal appearance; OR
  • confined in jail, but otherwise eligible.
Kitten With A Whip
91_!ggie, I am aware of absentee voting. I am asking about curbside voting. According to the conversation I heard, it is available in at least one location in Texas.
Rex Racer
AG
It's available everywhere in Texas according to this.

http://www.votetexas.gov/voters-with-special-needs/
Kitten With A Whip
Thanks, Rex! That link is very helpful. I will be passing it along to a couple of people who may find this information useful in upcoming elections! I love it when fellow posters try to be helpful!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.