BCS Body Shops

2,038 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by classicdoug
The Anchor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
***cross posted on Auto board

We had someone pull out in front of us and cause ~$15,000 in damage (according to their insurance company). There was major front end damage and both front airbags deployed.

If the other dash cam videos weren't enough, I highly recommend getting a dash cam! Ours saved us all kinds of headaches with their insurance company. They were going to fight us until they saw the video.

This is the one we have. It is excellent!

https://www.amazon.com/AUKEY-Dashboard-Camera-Recorder-6-Lane/dp/B01M592J9C/ref=sr_1_8?s=car&ie=UTF8&qid=1541446462&sr=1-8&keywords=dash+cam
4lilmonkeys
We just dropped our son's car off at Brazos Valley Collision Center. They came highly recommended by our insurance agent. The accident was on Friday afternoon (woman ran him off the road on 6, he went down the embankment and hit the sign for Fitch), we dropped the car off at 4pm the same day and had an estimate in our inbox this morning.

It's probably going to be totaled and I have no other experience with them, but so far we've been impressed with their service.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
We've used Jack Winslow's twice and been satisfied each time. Both times it's taken a week or two before they can begin work, but it's always been done well.
SoTheySay
S
I recently used Jack Winslow for an accident. They were fabulous and patient - insurance was a different story. My car was totaled out FINALLY.

Jack Winslow previously repaired another vehicle due to hail damage and I had a good experience.
4lilmonkeys
Winslow's was also highly recommended to us but they couldn't get to it until December 4th, just FYI.
SoTheySay
S
This was what I was told as well. It was a couple weeks out back in July.
peanut000
AG
I recommend Krause's paint and body. Have taken my car to him twice when my car was damaged on two separate occasions.
txgardengirl
Go see Doug at Classic Collision & Restoration. Top notch
dallasiteinsa02
Do not use Caliber Collision. They put in used parts that caused a massive engine failure 6 months later. Insurance ended up covering the engine repairs, but it took another repair shop pulling part records to prove that they used salvage parts and charged for new parts to my insurance. We still lost use of a second car for about 6 months while it worked itself out.
Red Krow
George's Paint and Body! They do amazing work. It's the only place I will take my cars to have body work done.
samsal75
AG
Doug and Matt at Classic Collision.
halibut sinclair
College Station Ford body shop and Henley's have done great work for us.
Birddog
AG
Georges is who I have used too many times and they are always very good. Tell Silas TexAgs sent you.

Doug at Classic cars has also done some non collision work and I can't say enough good about his shop also.
curry97
AG
Classic Collision would be the only shop in town that I would use.
classicdoug
AG
Thanks for the recommendations friends. If you ever need help with any collision work, let me know. Even if you don't use my shop, I'll be happy to help you with any questions about auto body repairs or dealing with an insurance company.

As much as an insurance company makes it seem like they want your car repaired right, all they really care about is their bottom line. Make sure you choose a shop that works for you, not the insurance company.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.