Fox and Hound gone?

4,399 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bbry81
AgFan131
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Closed November 1st.
AgGunNut
AG
Well...their service sucked.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Their menu pretty much disappeared over the years, all the good dishes were dropped.

And their beer menu dwindled down to basics.

Hasn't been worth visiting for 5-8 years.
chigger
AG
Just drove past it tonight and noticed as well. Haven't been too impressed the last time or two I was there in the last year. Still a little surprised.
Average Joe
AG
They were in a contract dispute with the landlord. Guess it didn't work out.
Wicked Good Ag
Every single item we liked on a typical bar menu was eventually taken off

Beer wasn't as many options. Big screen TVs were old compared to other places.
mel99
AG
I haven't been there in years, but this makes me a little sad.
EBrazosAg
AG
Hasn't had the business since BCG took his talents to Lexington......
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Goose83
AG
RIP.

Was a great place back in the mid to late 90's, but had been fading for awhile.

Still going to miss it, though.
frito bandito
It was the best place to watch our son play Big 10 football until we got Direct TV. Spent many enjoyable Saturdays there...
txgardengirl
RIP

Curious who will take over the space and if they can compete with Four Downs, Mo's, Hooters, BWW, WNM and all the other sports bars. I remember when F&H was at the top of the list!

Times change
meezermom
Drove by yesterday around lunch time and saw them loading stuff into a truck - guess it's official.
techno-ag
AG
txgardengirl said:

RIP

Curious who will take over the space and if they can compete with Four Downs, Mo's, Hooters, BWW, WNM and all the other sports bars. I remember when F&H was at the top of the list!

Times change
Yup. Things change. Razoo's is killing it where Boston's used to be. Maybe something better will move into F&H's location too.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
montegobay
That space needs to be gutted and redone. It still smells from when smoking was allowed. It's so dark.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Weren't they bankrupt anyway? Pretty sure the college station location was one of the few remaining
anaggieshusband
Where is the best sports bar now?

DBSwooper
AgFan131 said:

Closed November 1st.
Tens of people are disappointed.
halibut sinclair
anaggieshusband said:

Where is the best sports bar now?
Talented servers, etc.....

Mo's or World of Beer. Smitty K's is good, but their servers are not so talented.
BradC34
AG
WoB has a decent selection (with the usual over reliance on IPAs) but it's kind of pricey and parking is somewhat inconvenient.

Fox's selection mostly stopped changing a few months ago outside of seasonals and service really went downhill at the start of this school year. The only real appeal of the place was $2 pints on Thursdays. Not many similar options in town on Thursday nights.
AGSWINAGAIN
I read in the SA paper that the original owner of the local F&H died a couple of months ago. I wonder if there is a connection.
FlyRod
F&H was left in the dust years ago by good old fashioned all-American competition: Carney's, Mo's, World of Beer, Rough Draft...all just plain better places.

That said, I hope the staff land on their feet elsewhere and were at least given some notice before they closed.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
FlyRod said:

at least given some notice before they closed.

It wasn't owned by the Dallis family, was it?

Sorry, I had to.
cajunken
Before I switched to DirecTV a couple of years ago, my family and I would go to Fox and Hound on Sundays to watch the Saints game. I believe only Buffalo Wild Wings and Fox and Hound carried NFL Sunday Ticket at that time. Not sure which sports bars in the area (other than BWW) now have Sunday Ticket and enough TVs to carry all the different games.
bbry81
I met my Now wife on ring day in 03 and she promptly got us kicked out of there both that Friday and Saturday night. I knew she was keeper after the 2nd time
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.