Serious question re: the updated Hwy 6 exit/on ramps

1,932 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Rexter
Fonzie Scheme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why do some on the highway continue to the next exit, yet some don't? Why do some of the exit ramps continue as on-ramps, while others just die out? Is there some logic to this? It just seems so random.
chigger
AG
If I'm reading this correctly, then I think it's just simply a matter of distance between ramps. Some are close enough that it is easier or necessary to connect them. Others, like the one to get to the Bryan Target are so dang long that it's just not practical to connect them.
chigger
AG
And I do agree on some of them. Like I think the ones between Emerald Pkwy and Southwest Pkwy in front of Academy should be connected.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
The distance answer makes sense. It just never fails to entertain when some drivers assume the ramps will be connected. Then it ceases to be entertaining when they cut you off.
ratfacemcdougal
Consistency would be nice. When they have the comments open for widening the bypass, I will give my 2 cents on connecting as many as possible, and redesigning the harvey southbound exit. Some consistency of the feeder speed limits would be nice also.
91_Aggie
AG
probably due to distance and/or just the landscape of the median between the exit/entrance sections... might not be feasible in some cases due to the slope of the land.
turfman80
AG
Just wait a few more years and they will change them again.
techno-ag
AG
Fonzie Scheme said:

The distance answer makes sense. It just never fails to entertain when some drivers assume the ramps will be connected. Then it ceases to be entertaining when they cut you off.
The lack of consistency is turrible. One of the worst is southbound to Briarcrest.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Rexter
turfman80 said:

Just wait a few more years and they will change them again.

I heard that they are gonna bring back 2away feeder roads.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.