Selling Pecans

8,354 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by texasdaughter
texasdaughter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone know of a place/places that will buy pecans in shell? My kids have been harvesting pecans from a tree in our yard and being little entrepreneurs they have their heart set on selling them. TIA
Brewmaster
AG
how about just by word of mouth, church etc?

I know I'll need some for a pecan pie or 2 for Thanksgiving!

twelfthman 0 1 at gmail
GSS
Farm Patch in Bryan will crack the pecans, if your little entrepreneurs might benefit from peddling just the goodies. $0.40/lb last yr for cracking.
maddiedou
AG
How many pounds do you have?

How much per pound?

Text me at 979-eight two o -l87o. Gary
Finding X
Check with local feed stores. I haven't picked them up in a while but they will typically weigh them out and buy them from you. They will give you bags to sack them up as well.

You'll likely get much more for them if you sack them up in 1 lb or 5 lb bags and sell them on FB.
happyinBCS
Thanks to the OP this post brings light to all that is going on in this country today. I love an entrepreneur I found out at age 12 what that meant I was the youngest of 3 boys that inherited a lawn job after my 2 older brothers joined the Navy in the early 60's and the owner wanted to pay me 5 dollars instead of 3 the rate my 2 brothers before me charged my Dad would not let her he said I had to do it for the same price there was nothing special about me Long story short if you have any pecans left I will be happy to buy them very proud of you and your kids
newsjunkie
I would also be interested in buying some Especially if they are the small native pecans...they make the best pies!
CollegeStationMaid
I would be interested
texasdaughter
Sorry for the delay in response everyone. The nuts have been drying and the kids have been bothering me to help them create a website (we settled on an email address) and to jump back on here to share the information. It's been incredibly sweet to watch them in their free time work so hard and get so excited about selling these. The lessons they are learning through this experience will stick with them for life. I'm grateful they are experiencing this in their youth.

BREwmaster- Word of mouth is always good! I'm concerned they've picked more than our social base would be interested in. Good problem to have I suppose. I'll email you.

GSS- That is awesome information! The kids and I have talked a few times as we shopped there about how cool it would be to see that machine in action.

maddiedou- The grand total of pecans picked was 101 pounds! After much discussion they've settled on selling them for $5/pound IN SHELL. Would you still like a text?

Finding X- Great ideas. Thank you!

HappyinBCS- Great story! Hard work and entrepreneurship was always a part of my growing up. It has always served me well throughout adulthood and I was grateful for it. A good work ethic isn't optional in our household but not everyone is sparked by entrepreneurship. I'm honestly secretly glad that the entrepreneur bug bit.

newsjunkie & CollegeStationMaid- Shoot us an email!

Pecan Info:

Small native pecans hand picked by our kids with a little help from us on "major pecan drop days" (our kids term not ours). The pecans need to be pick up right away to prevent rotting.

$5/lb in shell

Email us at wildtexaspecans@gmail.com

Brewmaster
AG
sent an email a few days ago... do the kiddos still have pecans?
maddiedou
AG
Yep. I did to about 4 days ago
texasdaughter
Sorry people. It's been nuts over here! (pun intended) Had a family medical problem creep up that took some time to handle. The kids have sold some but have quite a bit of pecans left. We're meeting people all over town tomorrow to deliver. Just shoot us an email wildtexaspecans@gmail.com
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.