fertilizing the natural way? the scoop on poop?

1,923 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Whoop Delecto
studioone
How long do you want to ignore this user?

anyone know where i can get large (trailer loads) of horse or chicken poop? Trying to revitalize a field to see if that will improve my bluebonnets... they've died off a bit over the years...

although i've been told never to fertilize wildflowers.... but here's the thing.. the blackberries out at my place are always small and few.... a friend out near Kurten owns property that used to be a horse farm, and i can literally fill a 5 gallon bucket with huge berries without moving an inch... they are that plentiful and large.... and he says its cause of all the horse poop in his dirt....

so i thought i would try it..

technically trying to help someone out by removing it from their premises.... ie im looking for free, if possible.. cause i need lots...
AggiePhil
AG
This seems like more of a Craigslist thing.
frito bandito
See if Monterrey Mushrooms in Madisonville still makes their leftover horse poop available (mushrooms are grown in horse poop; or at least they were 20 years ago when we were in Madisonville). One could get a trailer load, or pickup load, for free, on Saturdays.
firefly1204
I would say you can check with local horse barns/stables unless you want to venture to Montgomery, if so I can hook you up there.
oklaunion
Your friend most likely has a different variety of blackberry than you do. It makes a huge difference.
Tumble Weed
Ask john sharp for an interview
CR173
AG
Denali Sport Horses. Chestnut Creek Farm. Topsider Farm.
Local horse boarding places that have piles of it. I'm sure they'd be happy to load as much as you want.
Inca
AG
How are you planning on transporting it? Do you have a trailer you can leave somewhere that they would dump their wheelbarrows on as they clean stalls? Any boarding place will have dirty shavings with manure in it - not just manure. That is, you will get urine soaked shavings along with the manure. Just so you know.

Most places should be happy to supply you with their dirty shavings/manure as long as you make it easy for them. That is, as long as it isn't extra work for them.
Whoop Delecto
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.