Suddenlink expansion into Woodlake & Sweetwater status?

1,222 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SPI-FlatsCatter 84
Tailgate88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Suddenlink had started a project to bring fiber to the home in the Woodlake and Sweetwater neighborhoods. The fiber is run and the construction manager told me he thought they would be done splicing and starting to offer service by now. The problem is, his phone now just goes to the auto attendant, there is never an operator available, and I can't get anyone to call me back with a current status. And, there has not been in activity or Suddenlink vehicles out here in at least a month...

Does anyone have any insight?

Please don't use this thread to bash Suddenlink. I know there are many that are frustrated with their service, but for those of us stuck on Frontier DSL that is down more than it is up and even then maxes out a tiny fraction of what Suddenlink will offer, we'll take our chances.

Thanks
Stupe
S
It's kind of difficult to give insight without it coming across as bashing. We switched from Frontier to Suddenlink and while their are higher speeds available, the overall service is about the same.
Get ready for the phrase "Try resetting your router" as answer to almost any question.

You: "I have a question about an extra charge on my bill"
Them: "I understand that you have an issue with your bill. Have you tried resetting your router?"
You: " "
Tailgate88
AG
Stupe said:

It's kind of difficult to give insight without it coming across as bashing. We switched from Frontier to Suddenlink and while their are higher speeds available, the overall service is about the same.
Get ready for the phrase "Try resetting your router" as answer to almost any question.

You: "I have a question about an extra charge on my bill"
Them: "I understand that you have an issue with your bill. Have you tried resetting your router?"
You: " "

I hear ya but I have neighbors on Frontier who are down for days on end on a regular basis. Frontier will come out to install someone's new service and clip their cable pair upstream. Whoops! Or there is no explanation, but anytime it rains you can bet DSL is down.

We can't stream a movie unless we decide hours ahead of time so we can start the download to the DVR.

Money is not an issue for me, I work from home and my company pays for my Internet. I'll happily reset my modem if it will come back up. I just need faster Internet that works most of the time and it will be an improvement.

I get it - Suddenlink has their issues too. But considering where we are sitting, the grass looks pretty green over on your side of the fence.
Post removed:
by user
MemphisAg1
AG
I have a home in Indian Lakes and SL ran fiber cable into the area a couple years ago. We signed up and love it. Super fast internet and abundant TV options.

Sure, you could nitpick over this or that, but IMO it's much better than the other options.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
With homes in both the RGV (North Tamps Mexico) and here in BCS, I'm SHOCKED how bad Suddenlink here is, compared to the Options (key wordptions) in the RGV

Internet, if you can get them to show up and install, is ok. Average. Everything else is garbage.

Somebody in this burg is getting a brown paper bag full of something good delivered in exchange for keeping this ridiculous Suddenlink monopoly

In a town in Texas with arguably the highest level of education

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.