They robbed Gumby's

4,905 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Counterpoint
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
... Or at least an employee at the new one on Harvey. Be careful out there folks, especially after midnight.

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Gumbys-employee-robbed-outside-its-new-location-on-Harvey-Road-497847181.html

Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
NeverBunt
Since when has Gumbys been on Harvey???
Captn_Ag05
AG
I think it moved there this week.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Oh, I see. That's the old Wolfie's location.

Interesting.
91_Aggie
AG
I thought there was a Gumby's on Harvey way back in the day late '80s early '90s in that center behind the old Garcia's, errrm Fuddruckers.
birdman
Damnit
Aggie7477
AG
I think that Gumby's in the early 90s was on Dominik where Blue Baker is now.
AgSportsFan
AG
No, it was until recently next door (to the East) of the Blue Baker.
VincentBlack
Gumby's was indeed originally next to Sweet Eugene's on Harvey. During this time, the Dominik location was still a Pepe's Mexican Restaurant.

The exact location of Gumby's/Pepe's on Dominik is West (actually SW) of Bluebaker. East (NE) of Bluebaker on Dominik is the Vet clinic.

The Bluebaker location was a Danver's and a Sambo's before that.

Stupe
S
The suspect probably went right across the street and watched the whole show from their apartment.
EMY92
AG
Back in my freshman & sophomore year the folks at Gumby's recognized my voice. I'd call in, "Hi, I'd like to..." Before finishing I'd hear, "OK Ed, it's on the way!"
UmustBKidding
Ive only been here since the late 70's and Sambos was on Texas where Cains is located now back then. Went to many ken martins locations, Steak House, Pepe's, Ft Shilo and when danvers was built (blue baker now) don't remember removing any sambos infrastructure being removed.
Where is PS3D and his ancient phonebooks.

halibut sinclair
Gumby's was on Dominik in the old Pepe's building.
techno-ag
AG
VincentBlack said:

Gumby's was indeed originally next to Sweet Eugene's on Harvey. During this time, the Dominik location was still a Pepe's Mexican Restaurant.

The exact location of Gumby's/Pepe's on Dominik is West (actually SW) of Bluebaker. East (NE) of Bluebaker on Dominik is the Vet clinic.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
halibut sinclair
Post removed:
by user
woodiewood1
The old Gumby's is now owned by Whataburger and will be demolished and Whataburger will eventually be turned around and occupy the whole corner of George Bush to Dominik back to Blue Baker.
woodiewood1
techno-ag said:

VincentBlack said:

Was there two Sambo's? When I was in school in the early 1970s it was across from campus it was at 1045 Texas Avenue.

https://cardboardamerica.org/2016/12/08/sambos-1975-directory/
VincentBlack
woodiewood1 said:

Was there two Sambo's? When I was in school in the early 1970s it was across from campus it was at 1045 Texas Avenue.

https://cardboardamerica.org/2016/12/08/sambos-1975-directory/
You have me there. It's possible I'm mis-remembering Sambo's being before Danvers. I lived on Walton Dr, grew up at Thomas Park/Pool and walked down to eat at the places on Dominik often. It appears that a Sambo's on Dominik is the only part of my memory I can't verify, so I'm leaning towards it being a convenient, but incorrect, recollection.
Damn, l was worried about my looks. Looks like my memory's going first.
91_Aggie
AG
Hey. I remembered somthing correctly from those days. Also remember the 39 cent Archie burgers on Harvey. And getting 20 of them one night after we may have imbibed too much.
VincentBlack
Loved Archies. Used to grub on those burgers and talk to Archie himself - he was a hoot. After it shut down, I saw him often at Pepe's on S. College. I dunno if he worked for Ken Martin or had an interest in the business. I believe he tried to sell burgers out of the original shipley's location next door to Pepe's for a while (it's now the Korean Burgerhouse or something).
techno-ag
AG
VincentBlack said:

Loved Archies. Used to grub on those burgers and talk to Archie himself - he was a hoot. After it shut down, I saw him often at Pepe's on S. College. I dunno if he worked for Ken Martin or had an interest in the business. I believe he tried to sell burgers out of the original shipley's location next door to Pepe's for a while (it's now the Korean Burgerhouse or something).
Back when Archie owned the Taco Bells people were saying the one on Harvey was the most successful one in the country. Dunno if true but that was the scuttlebutt at the time. They were one of the few places open when the bars shut down.

Another robbery reported on KBTX, this time at the Exxon on the corner of the bypass. Be careful out there, folks.

- Joe Biden

- Kamala Harris
halibut sinclair
AgGunNut
AG
https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Recent-robberies-have-businesses-stepping-up-security-497989471.html

Well this story is a lie. Drove by last night. Driver cars were stacked up in the back. Door wide open. Guess they won't learn. :/

TexasAggie_02
AG
AgGunNut said:

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Recent-robberies-have-businesses-stepping-up-security-497989471.html

Well this story is a lie. Drove by last night. Driver cars were stacked up in the back. Door wide open. Guess they won't learn. :/

should've gotten video/pics and sent to KBTX
Post removed:
by user
UmustBKidding
The backwards taco Bell only had a drive through for it's last few years. I don't remember burgers at Shipley where burger house now but Shipley did serve burgers when they moved to Villa Maria.
war hymn aggie
AG
did they ever find out who robbed the Gumby's employee? If so, they likely headed for the Pokey.
Counterpoint
AG
I loved going to the backwards Taco Bell. And now I'm old enough to participate in a BCS nostalgia thread.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.