Cameras at ramps on hwy 6

3,241 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AgGunNut
Mr Mojo Risin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And some Intersections around town.

Anyone know what they're for?

Jade Helm II?
America was built on speed, hot, nasty, badass speed.
justalocal
Traffic patterns and statistical data.
carpe vinum
AG
justalocal said:

A complete waste of money in the hands of local traffic engineers.
A ******ed monkey in charge of programming lights could at least sync a light or two by random chance.
When was the last time you caught a green light?
Scruffy
AG
carpe vinum said:

justalocal said:

A ******ed monkey in charge of programming lights could at least sync a light or two by random chance.
effin' blue parachute for you.
toolshed
AG
I drove from Boonville road to HEB on Briarcrest the other day and caught every single red light except one. It was quite ridiculous!
DBSwooper
carpe vinum said:

justalocal said:

You've made the assumption that all the intersections are coordinated instead of trigger based (that is what the cameras on all the signal standards are) with some coordination with major adjoined interactions.

There are some good white papers you can read on signal light phase and time as well as coordinated and uncoordinated intersections if you really care to learn what you're talking about.
marrocco
I just miss the days of being able to drive after 11pm from Wheeler Ridge to Hastings at Tejas to return a movie with nothing but blinking yellow lights at all the intersections in between.
ratfacemcdougal
Lots of tube counters across the feeders, I figured they were motion counters instead of the tube counters. I would guess gathering info and studying the traffic for the expansion of the by pass.
halibut sinclair
toolshed said:

I drove from Boonville road to HEB on Briarcrest the other day and caught every single red light except one. It was quite ridiculous!

There's an HEB on Briarcrest?
Stucco
marrocco said:

I just miss the days of being able to drive after 11pm from Wheeler Ridge to Hastings at Tejas to return a movie with nothing but blinking yellow lights at all the intersections in between.
Why isn't this done anymore?
ratfacemcdougal
Because Hastings closed. duh!
91_Aggie
AG
Stucco said:

marrocco said:

Lawsuit: I got hit driving on Texas because I stopped at a flashing red light, waited my turn, and then pulled through on a cross street thinking that the cars on Texas would also have to stop at a flashing red light. I didn't know they had flashing yellow so they hit me. So I'm suing the city for a bajillion dollars.
nwspmp
Stucco said:

marrocco said:

If I had to hazard a guess I'd say it's a combination of traffic safety issues (people simply aren't smart enough to know how to cautiously drive through these things or are too busy looking at their text messages/Instagram/Facebook/etc) and traffic volume increases at pretty much all hours since flashing yellow night times were prevalent.

I'd also perhaps throw in that the new light systems have traffic detectors and are supposed to be able to change the light controls to increase traffic flow and allow them to not have the clock/timer based flashing yellow setups anymore, but I would also guess that the city traffic crews/managers can directly control if that feature is enabled or not.
toolshed
AG
halibut sinclair said:

toolshed said:

There's an HEB on Briarcrest?
90 percent of the drive was taken on Briarcrest before it merged into Villa Maria, so I don't know what you are commenting on. But I see your shtick every day, so I'm not surprised.

Move along and go "thumbs up" your buddy when he posts...
TXAG 05
AG
91_Aggie said:

Stucco said:

marrocco said:

Lawsuit: I got hit driving on Texas because I stopped at a flashing red light, waited my turn, and then pulled through on a cross street thinking that the cars on Texas would also have to stop at a flashing red light. I didn't know they had flashing yellow so they hit me. So I'm suing the city for a bajillion dollars.

You pulled right in front of a moving car?
NurseC
AG
Traffic camera data can also be pulled by local law enforcement in the case of missing children, fleeing suspects, etc
Scruffy
AG
Warrentless survailence.
AgGunNut
AG
IF they are used for any kind of surveillance purpose (technically they are if they are monitoring traffic), no warrant is need. It's in a public place; you have no expectation of privacy.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.