Need advice on getting Wills done

1,508 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Cancelled
AgFan247
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I get Texas Legal services through work and I was looking at their coverages. I've listed the estate planning benefits and available lawyers below. For basic wills for myself and my wife should I use it or go outside of it with one of the recommended lawyers from other threads?
We are both public school educators and have no real big financial assets, just the basics (house,cars, stocks,etc), and 2 amazing elementary age sons and we don't want to leave their fate to someone else in the event something happens to both of us.

...The attorneys that show up when I use the finder for Aggieland are: C David Stasney, Carole Ann Chamberlain, Jack Dillard, Rod Mitchell and Jeffery Wagnon.

O. Estate Planning (1, 2, 3, or 4, or any combination of those four options)
1. Codicil(s) Participating Attorney's fees covered

OR Will(s) & Testamentary Trust(s) wills that provide for distribution of assets and may contain testamentary trust provisions Participating Attorney's fees covered

OR Will(s) & Living Trusts An estate plan that includes both the drafting of will(s) for the distribution of assets, which may contain testamentary trust provisions, and the drafting of living trust(s) (revocable or irrevocable) including any necessary deeds drawn up concurrently. Up to 8 billed hours of Participating Attorney's fees covered

2. Living Will(s)/Advance Directive(s) to Physician for up to 2 Participants, 1 document per Participating Attorney's fees covered

3. Power(s) of Attorney for up to 2 Participants, 2 documents per Participant Participant Participating Attorney's fees covered

4. Additional Documents: Declaration of Guardianship, HIPAA Release, and/or Disposition of Remains for up to 2 Participants, 3 documents per Participant Participating Attorney's fees covered

TIA for any advice. At this point I am researching, but its also a case of I don't know what I don't know.

tldr; are any of these folks good estate lawyers for basic husband and wife wills:C David Stasney, Carole Ann Chamberlain, Jack Dillard, Rod Mitchell and Jeffery Wagnon.

Red Krow
We used Rod Mitchell for our wills, husband and wife, about 1 year ago. He did a very thorough job at a very reasonable price. He is an honest, trustworthy, family man. We will use him again in the future to add a living trust and highly recommend him to anyone looking for these services.
Broncos
I usually go to Discount when I'm buying and Aggieland Express when I'm cleaning them up.
Cancelled
AG
Dillard is a good attorney. I didn't know he did wills, but I guess we all do...frankly it's good advertising and let's clients meet us and see what we can do. I don't know the others. Our office does simple wills. This is not self promotion - I say it to show you who I respect. I think Middleton and Middleton are the best. If it's too advanced for one of my lawyers, I send it to Mike or Andrew.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.