Info on Local Elections

1,720 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by OnlyANobody
rmarshall2014
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
New to the area. Where can I get information on local city council, school board and county races? I've tried the sample ballot on brazosvotes.com but they only have info for college station, and I live in Bryan.
Turf96
Just post your contact here. A local power broker will be by soon to tell you who you should vote for. Notice above the winky face.

Honest answer is around here it is very odd. Some races get started fast and with tons of info. Others almost none. Has been that way for a while. I suggest see who is running in the race of interest and then ask BCS natives for info. Don't let them tell you how to vote but gather that info. It is amazing how few votes it takes to win some of these seats. I feel the reason is the lack of info in many cases. Good luck.
carpe vinum
AG
Welcome to the community.

brazosvotes.org for sort of unbiased info.

Local elections are supposed to be no partisan, but follow two basic lines besides common sense.
Common sense isn't commonly promoted. Go figure.

You have "progressives" that are tax and spend to promote their own personal legacy, but bring the left coast agenda to BCS in their spare time.

And "developers" that would clear cut every tree, promote sprawl, over build apartments to the point of lunacy, and generally dial back regulations slowing their primary agenda.

I still haven't figured out which (so it could be both) control the traffic engineers that intentionally program lights so that you never once catch a green one. Ever.

Good luck.
woodometer
AG
The reason that there are only College Station Council and School Board races on the ballot is because there are no contested races for Bryan Council or School Board this time around.
Wicked Good Ag
Who would want to be on the school board at CSISD ?

I would look around any S&M shop for viable candidates. They usually like to be punished
Agmaker
I don't condone punishment but if one says stupid things, writes stupid stuff, belittles and ignores their constituents, well, it's inevitable. I suggest voting someone out or someone new in is more impactful.
OnlyANobody
woodometer said:

The reason that there are only College Station Council and School Board races on the ballot is because there are no contested races for Bryan Council or School Board this time around.
This. All the expected races are on the sample ballot that you found online. Some contested Bryan-Specific races do appear, such as Constable and JP. Those are also geography specific, so you'll have to look at this:
Brazos County Political Maps Click "Content" to view specific precincts.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.