What does CONS 0-10 MGW mean on CS electric bill?

6,556 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Broncos
woodiewood1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Has it go to do with water consumption?
Esteban du Plantier
AG
I would assume consumption of 0-10,000 gallons water.
91_Aggie
AG
Yeah, its consumption of water.
You get charged different rates based on the amount of water you use.

So the first 10MGW is one rate
Then usage above that is charged at a different rate.

This is the method the city decided to use to screw over families to have them pay more for water.
Lone Stranger
In the year MMXVIII you would think CSU would be past the use of Roman Numerals as place holders....since we are supposed to be working towards the metric system.
techno-ag
AG
91_Aggie said:

Yeah, its consumption of water.
You get charged different rates based on the amount of water you use.

So the first 10MGW is one rate
Then usage above that is charged at a different rate.

This is the method the city decided to use to screw over families to have them pay more for water.
Yup. It's a progressive rate so the more you use, the higher cost pergallon.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
waterchick
Hi woodiewood1,

You are correct that CONS 0-10 MGW relates to consumption of water. The number at the end of that particular line on your bill is your water consumption, which may or may not be zero to 10,000 gallons.

MGW refers to thousands of gallons. The "M" is for mille, Latin prefix for thousand. Because, of course, we're all conversant in Latin, right? (For what it's worth, water utilities that bill in hundreds of cubic feet refer to that as CCF, where the first "C" is hundred).

You will want to look at the number next to the "MGW" and that is your consumption in thousands of gallons. For example, 25 MGW is 25,000 gallons of water. Water rates for College Station can be found at: http://www.cstx.gov/index.aspx?page=4005. If you have questions, feel free to email at the email address in my profile.
Broncos
Speaking of utility bills... anyone else have a huge spike in their electric reading for the month of September? Ours was substantially higher than July and August.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.