Odd lights in the sky

2,507 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Spyderman
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Drove in from the north tonight and there are several double lights floating in the sky. Not moving fast enough for planes, I think. Anybody know?
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
theycallmemrtibbs
Bullpen Chias
AG
I heard some truck-like noises coming from over by the highway.
Broncos
I saw some stars in the sky last night.
DBSwooper
techno-ag said:

Drove in from the north tonight and there are several double lights floating in the sky. Not moving fast enough for planes, I think. Anybody know?
Visual acuity and accurate estimation of speed is something that most of the population, without specific training, can't do with any accuracy. Add in a lack of spacial references and the aircraft you saw seemed to defy what you would consider normal. That doesn't mean it isn't normal, it just means what you observed didn't seem normal to YOU.

Besides, what is "not fast enough" for planes? Ever flown in a Cub or a Husky or a Champ or a Steerman? Slow flying is relative.
Scruffy
AG
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus
Agmaker
If it was something flying and we don't know what it was........It was a UFO.
techno-ag
AG
It was interesting for sure. We counted six of them close to town. An airplane flew in toward Easterwood while these things kept floating up there.

My wife said she's been seeing paragliders lately, but these seemed too high for that.

Oh well, chalk it up to another mystery under the Aggiedome.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
doubledog
techno-ag said:

There was a training exercise and Easterwood (touch and go). Can appear to someone as a "floating" light in the sky (when they are flying directly at you).
halibut sinclair
AgTrip
The big yellow one is the Sun!
techno-ag
AG
AgTrip said:

It's not up at night, silly.

- Joe Biden

- Kamala Harris
halibut sinclair
OnlyANobody
techno-ag said:

AgTrip said:

It's not up at night, silly.
Well, technically, it is. Just not here.
Builder93
AG
AgTrip said:

Spyderman
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.