Cash pay for wisdom teeth extraction suggestions needed

2,856 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by aggiepaintrain
90 bull
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My out of town daughter will be in town over Christmas break, and needs her wisdom teeth out. Need a suggestion of who to go to. Want a good price/value option, since it is cash pay with no insurance involved. Any suggestions?
montegobay
We use Dr. Privett and have for years. He gives a discount for cash. I'm not sure if he's taking new patients though.
Legacy Work Spaces
Not sure of the value part of it but Dr. Hanley at

Chad Hanley

Is awesome.

I got a tooth pulled 2 years ago and then recently my wife got her wisdom pulled out by him. Neither of us felt a thing. I did not go under but she did. But she didn't even have pain post op. Also, I went to him to consult on another matter that I was concerned about and he coulda said "yes, I need to pull that out" but instead his response was "Its not really an issue, and you'd be wasting your money if you had me do that".

Gotta appreciate that kinda honesty. Dude is a good guy and great doctor. Highly highly recommend!
Legacy Work Spaces - www.LegacyWorkSpaces.com

Office Space - CoWorking- Meeting- Virtual Mail-Technology
UmustBKidding
Do you have images of them?
Dentist is unlikely to pull them if impacted. If so you will likely have to use use an oral surgeon, Garrett and gray are the go to for that, likely not cheap and have to book early for procedures during the holiday.
Don mcleroy did one of mine at age 40 but it was not impacted and fully erupted. With teens most Have to be broken up and extracted in pieces.
90 bull
AG
We do have images, and I am 80% sure it can be an extraction. But this is based on my 20 year old daughter's recollection, so who really knows.
ag009
AG
https://www.thomashdavis.com/

Practice was actually just purchased by a younger dentist. He is top knotch. Honest, straightforward, and kind.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Dr. Garrett
lockett93
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

Dr. Garrett
Would that be Curtis Garrett, Bryan Garrett or Garrett Blundell? all 3 at BVOMS
aggiepaintrain
AG
The elder Dr Garrett did mine and it went flawlessly and was reasonable $
lockett93
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

Did you go under anesthesia? Fully out?
threecatcorner
If they are not impacted and can just do an extraction, try Dr. Andrew (Andy) Williams at Williams Family Dentistry on Emerald Plaza, just off Emerald Parkway (just across Hwy 6 from Harvey Mitchell Pkwy, FM 2818, Harvey Mitchell, changes names).

http://williamsbcs.com

I an not positive, but I think they do offer a discount if you are paying cash and not dealing with insurance.

He pulled my wisdom tooth and did not require me to be knocked out. Lots of dentists insist on sending you to the oral surgeon, but he didn't. His wife was my dentist, and she asked him to pull it because he does more of that and it looked a little complicated to pull (not quite enough that I had to go to a surgeon, but some doctors would have disagreed).

Their website doesn't mention it, but Dr. Jeannie retired. You should double-check if Dr. Andy is still there or if they' completely turened the practice ovee to their kids. The kids are good too, but I don't know as far as extracting wisdom teeth.
Jason86
AG
Get it setup with Brazil's Valley Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery (BVOMS). This is the practice of Dr.'s Blundell, Garrett, Garrett, Hanley and Wiley. They are all good guys and will all do a great job.

The problem with trying someone else is that you have no idea what the situation is in terms of impaction. Depending on the impaction level a general dentist may not be comfortable taking the teeth out. At that point we will refer to BVOMS and you will pay for a consultation all over again. In addition, if your daughter is not comfortable being awake during the procedure she will want IV sedation (especially if taking out all four).

Give them a call now to get her scheduled for a consultation. The holiday period is very busy for them because all patients have the same idea for wisdom teeth. It is not normal for them to see a patient for surgery without consult (especially on wisdom teeth).
OnlyANobody
I'm not sure which doctor did it, but can find out if their individual pricing varies. We went to Brazos Valley Oral Surgery.

My son had two wisdom teeth extracted, and an unerupted bottom incisor. - It was lying horizontally below its three companions. I had him knocked completely out because, well, he can be a bit of a drama queen. They did not charge additional imaging fees, (even though they did their own, anyway) as Dr. Reece had provided his images to them. The total bill with all after-care was $2,278.00. We paid up front and were very satisfied with the whole process. They do respond to needs for pain relief, but don't hand out pain meds like they're candy.
aggiepaintrain
AG
lockett93 said:

aggiepaintrain said:

Did you go under anesthesia? Fully out?

laughing gas
awake
most fun I've had in years
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.