America's Choice Roofing

2,116 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Jetty
Jbob04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have any experience with them? Getting a new roof through insurance and was planning to get a bid from them.
BrazosWifi
I have never had a roof from Americas Choice but I know the Spiveys (owners) and they seem to be upstanding folks who care about the quality of their work.

I'm sure someone will chime in with firsthand experience soon.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
Wicked Good Ag
We did ours thru onpoint. They really seemed to hit the eldlweiss area hard and everyone in the neighborhood seemed to be happy with them. Don't know anything about Anericas choice roofing
techno-ag
AG
America's Choice is one of the local ones that's been around a while. Schulte and United are a couple others. We've used United and were happy with them. Probably can't go wrong with any of the long time locals.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
MisterShipWreck
Do they have a cool song like Schulte does in their commercials?
TxSquarebody
Actually...yes!
Floor it until you see God
CEAg78
AG
America's Choice rubbed me wrong last spring after the hailstorm. They wanted to use my insurance estimate and add "extras" to use the full amount. I may be squirrelly but it seems to me the insurance was responsible for replacing my roof, not adding solar vent fans, etc. Bordering on fraud, IMHO.

Your mileage may vary.
VetSurg
AG
Used them to replace a hail damaged roof on a rent house.

Fast, good and very helpful with insurance documentation.
halibut sinclair
I heard first-hand about some shady business practices with America's Choice after the tornado went through Wheeler Ridge a couple years ago.
runnrboy
AG
I used them about 3 years ago. No problems working with them and their work was good. Their price point seems to be in the middle of the other roofing companies. I had a couple of solar-powered vents installed with the roof. One of the vents had a flaw and started leaking and the owner himself came out to fix it after their installers couldn't get the leak fixed. Never had another problem with the vent until it quit working recently. It was just past it's warranty period but they replaced it at no charge with an upgraded vent. I've recommended them to one friend that got hit it Wheeler Ridge during the tornado and they had no problems dealing with them or with their work.
kyledr04
AG
Call Matt at All Tex Roofing. Lots of good reviews last time asked here about roofers. He did a great job for a fair price.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I know the op asks for opinions on this business but man it really can hurt a small business for people to get on a popular message board and post something like this. Unless you have an actual story or factual basis it kinda sucks people can just throw this out there. Just my opinion fwiw which may not be much.
hurleyag
AG
We used America's Choice after the hale storm and were extremely pleased. Our project manager (Chris Farris) was always accessible and answered any questions and concerns we had. He'd be my first call again next time I need a new roof.
313-7-12thMan
Another vote for Matt at All-Tex. He uses Owen's Corning materials and the insurance claim was easy. matt at alltexroof dot com
Jbob04
AG
Thanks to everyone for their input.
Counterpoint
AG
Pros: did a great job on the roof.
Cons: didn't do a great job cleaning up the mess they made on the ground

Even though I had to do a large part of their cleanup, I would probably use them again.
That's a pretty fair review, isn't it?

Jetty
AG
We had a new roof put on a few months ago by Done Right roofing. Excellent job.. REALLY good clean job. It's been a few months and we haven't found one nail on the ground.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.