CSISD Elementary Boundary Adjustment 2018

28 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Agmaker
viejo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What's the point of going to the hearings?? They'll just spring a new, unpublished map on everybody 10 days before the final vote like they did last time.
Turf96
Has the board or schools provided any numbers as to what schools are over populated or underperforming as they did for the high school stuff? I would assume there is a reason for this now. I just haven't seen those numbers but admit once again I'm behind on staying updated.

As some have said low ses areas seem to perform worse on testing and that is sad but I'm not sure the school will ever fix this issue. It takes parent involvement. I can't tell you how many hours a week my wife and I spend in school as we call it. It takes a full family effort now days to suceed. If you don't have a couple of parents working after work you will need some luck. As many know I have been critical of the board after the debacle on high school rezone. That being said they can't balance a system that will never be balanced unless they hire adopt a parents for some kids. Let's face it life isn't fair. I hope they do what is right but don't get so caught up
In balance that they lose common sense.

At this point what little I know seems as the board is handling it better and different then the last round. I hope they don't pull another slight of hand.

As for families wanting consistency I agree. We buy homes on school districts or even individual schools. We center our lives around what is best for our kids. Living in the city has been eye opening. Another reason I wish we had stayed in the country. Same school every year. Hard for kids to put down roots and grow when moved to make things perceived as fair for all. Once again not saying don't try for balance but saying no need to do advanced contortion exercises.
Expert Analysis
AG
link has all the student population and SES information
https://www.csisd.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=1359448&type=d&pREC_ID=1563796

They are doing a rezone for 2 reasons, new elementary opening and schools over/under capacity.
TaterTot_09
Looks like they took from the SW Pkwy area complexes and sent them to River Bend. If I'm understanding it correctly that area is currently zoned to forest ridge and sending them to RB helps offset keeping kids in Castlegate at their neighborhood schools and not having some cross Victoria. I got the impression that they will vote to approve new map on Tuesday unless significant feedback is given. They addressed the safety issues so the only other neighborhood that would have an issue with this rezoning is Meadow Creek off of Koppe Bridge. GP is where that area is zoned and it is a heck of a lot closer than RB will be. That neighborhood has so many students that it is crucial to filling up RB that it won't matter to the board that GP is closer. A few other schools might be closer actually but we all know proximity isn't their top priority. I'm thrown off by how accommodating to feedback they have been this time around. Scares me a little. Very glad kids won't be crossing Victoria, though.
Agmaker
Well, three of the seats terms expire next year and they've already had a tough year or so by saying stupid stuff, writing stupid stuff that reveals their disdain, ignored constituents and showed no compassion. Maybe they decided to try to change their MO. Don't be scared. Let's enjoy it until FC Local forces a rezone next year. Oh since terms will be up they'll go with other options I'm sure, not going to rezone with the two buddies up for re-election.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.