Big Beto signs stolen

15,592 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by duffelpud
OnlyANobody
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cinag83 said:

Beto and Cruz signs both cost $10 online and Beto's are $5 at the local Democratic headquarters. Some signs are free, some not. Probably a decision between campaign contribution and name exposure. O' Roarke and Cruz aren't worried about the latter at this point.
Theft of anyone's signs IS unacceptable.
I got a kick out of a condominium complex that I happened to drive by yesterday. Because it is single-story, everyone has a front yard. There were so many signs for so many people, nearly mingled together because of yard size. It reminded me of driving into The Brazos Center on election day. That said, Cruz (and others) signs are free at the local Republican headquarters, but donations are appreciated as they did pay $10 apiece to get them.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
nwspmp said:

Love Gun said:

Well, drove by today and one of the smaller Beta signs (Barron side) is missing off it's perch.

Now the guy has two smaller "Protected by Video Surveillance" (yeah, right) signs on both fences facing Longmire and Barron.

This dude gives any "crazy cat lady" a run for her money.
Crazy because you don't agree with his political leanings? Would it be crazy should it have been a Ted Cruz set of signs being stolen/vandalized/removed and then replaced?

What's crazy is that a person is having to replace stolen property so many times.

Right or left, the stealing of one's yard signs should roundly be condemned.
Well, the homeowner is a bit crazy. Every year, they haphazardly string about 50,000 strands of different colored Christmas lights all over their front yard and run them from mid-November to mid-January. It looks like Santa's Wonderland designed by an insane person.

But to your point: yes, stealing signs is unacceptable.
happyinBCS
Now he has 3 of the smaller signs on a long 2x4 facing Barron rd This guy is nuts with too much time on his hands. When Cruz wins I wonder how long he is going to leave up his inventory of signs cluttering the corner.
Love Gun
happyinBCS said:

Now he has 3 of the smaller signs on a long 2x4 facing Barron rd This guy is nuts with too much time on his hands. When Cruz wins I wonder how long he is going to leave up his inventory of signs cluttering the corner.

At this point, he is just doing it to piss people off. Then again, that was likely his original plan with putting up two 5'x7' Beto signs in the first place.

Look, I'm not voting for Beto, but I believe this guy is exercising his 1st Amendment right. However, the way he is going about it is just ridiculous. He is no different than that Planet K hippie that keeps pushing the town's buttons.
Stupe
S

Quote:

At this point, he is just doing it to piss people off.
Good for him.
I'm probably going to vote straight party Republican in the mid-terms and if someone were doing this to Cruz signs that I had in my yard I would do the same thing...for the same reason. If he put one up in flashing neon right now I wouldn't blame him one bit.
Quote:

However, the way he is going about it is just ridiculous. He is no different than that Planet K hippie that keeps pushing the town's buttons.
No, the people that are stealing his legally signs are being ridiculous and breaking the law. The Planet K guy is trying to bypass the city permit laws and, in the case of TAMU, trademark laws.

Unless he's breaking the law or violating HOA bylaws regarding how many political signs can be put in a yard, he's doing nothing wrong.
People need to grow up and leave his stuff alone and if they are caught they should be charged with theft.
How difficult is it to understand the simple fact that if something isn't yours, don't freaking touch it.

happyinBCS
[You have enough posts on this board to know that we do not allow name calling or insults on this particular forum. -Staff]
02skiag
AG
Dang, billboard guy was 0-for on all his dozens of signs this election.
Love Gun
02skiag said:

Damn, I didn't think of that. That's amazing!

His choice in politicians is comparable to Taylor Swift's.
EliteElectric
Is this guy the Santa Claus guy?
Gigem314
AG
02skiag said:

Here's to a giant Elizabeth Warren sign in 2020 continuing the trend.
duffelpud
AG
"What's this button do?"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.