Considering Brazos WiFi

4,614 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Gasbandit
toocool
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What are your thoughts?
BrazosWifi
If we can reach you, I'd love to provide you with service.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
UmustBKidding
If you don't have wired service option they are the preferred wisp provider in the area. They seem to operate on the principal of under promise and over deliver where most are exactly Opposite.
nwspmp
toocool said:

What are your thoughts?
Hard to go wrong with them. Jim's been good in all the times I've worked with him.
Bob2525
Only wish ya'll covered more areas... Rellis campus area and north of 21 would be great!
Muzzleblast
and north of Iola.........
AgFan1999
AG
principle.
labmansid
Every business should use the business model that Jim does. He won't mislead you with empty promises or inflated expectations. He provides excellent service at a fair price. If you have a problem, he will take care of it personally and in a timely manner.
samsal75
AG
Switched to Brazos WiFi several weeks ago and it has been great! So much better than Frontier !!! Only wish I could have changed earlier but am extremely happy they found a way to service our area!!
Chris98
AG
Have Brazos WiFi for both my business and home (Steep Hollow & Elmo Weedon areas). Occasionally, storms may cause some disruption. Other than that, very consistent.
labmansid
samsal75 said:

Switched to Brazos WiFi several weeks ago and it has been great! So much better than Frontier !!! Only wish I could have changed earlier but am extremely happy they found a way to service our area!!
Don't get me started about Frontier. Worst experience by far of any company I've dealt with. Avoid them at all cost.
toocool
Thanks for your responses, I currently use hughesnet satellite and need to change service fast!
TSJ
AG
Have had their service since October 2016. Very reliable service pending hard weather events. Dare I say it's more reliable than suddenlink I had when I was in town. When there is an outage Jim usually sends out an email to affected customers.

Jetty
AG
We live in Enchanted Oaks subdivision. Brazos WiFi has worked great for us!!

Really happy with them!
tfunk02
AG
Although they were unable to get a strong enough signal, I have nothing but good things to say about my experience with them. I really wish I could have used their service!
Post removed:
by user
badbilly
AG
Yes to Brazos Wifi, thanks Jim
Ryandawg
Jetty said:

We live in Enchanted Oaks subdivision. Brazos WiFi has worked great for us!!

Really happy with them!
I'm jealous. That's where we live but we can't use them without a huge tower!
UmustBKidding
No one has ever built huge tower to use Brazos WiFi. Huge towers cost well in excess of $1M and get prime advertising on aeronautical charts. You can buy a big tower for $500,000. Jim's towers are a puny pole capable of holding an antenna and the person bolting it on safely.
I have several.
Ryandawg
UmustBKidding said:

No one has ever built huge tower to use Brazos WiFi. Huge towers cost well in excess of $1M and get prime advertising on aeronautical charts. You can buy a big tower for $500,000. Jim's towers are a puny pole capable of holding an antenna and the person bolting it on safely.
I have several.

Please forgive my improper terminology! I should have said a puny $2,100 pole.
UmustBKidding
I understand, expensive, but the reality is it's worth it instead Of suffering with sat internet. Unfortunately cs annexed me and I can buy 2 of those towers every year for what I pay in city tax alone, with them providing no additional services. Where my wife wants to move will likely require 10k worth of infrastructure to get sufficient internet. Payoff of no cocs city taxes, 2.5 years. At least with towers I get to decide if I want to pay or suffer. With taxes it's just suffer.

ChampsAg
I've had Brazos WiFi at two houses. The service and more importantly the customer service are TOP NOTCH! My wife works from home and has called or emailed multiple times with issues (usually on our end) and they get back to us pretty damn quickly.

Tried to talk my boss into switching to them from Verizon and he said we can't per corporate.
SFLORIDAAG
AG
Do it!!!
hopeandrealchange
I worked with the guys at Brazos WiFi trying to get service. They where all great guys and provided great service ending with the fact that my location was not in their service area.

I ended up with CEO technologies and have great service.
SFLORIDAAG
AG
I moved to a rural area in south CS last year. I work from home and was very anxious about finding reliable internet with acceptable speed for my work. I did have to pay 2k for a tower but have been more than pleased with the service. Its consistent and the service has been exemplary.

On top of my work load, I have two young children that use ipads to stream video often. We some some significant bandwidth as a family and the serve is truly unlimited and never throttled.
WheelinAg
AG
Brazos Wifi, have anything in Oak Hills yet? I have an existing 50' tower. I don't think it reaches above the tree line, but it's close. I was going to try and shoot point to point back to my office, but the 100' Equine center is directly inline.
Gasbandit
I also heartily endorse Brazos Wifi, Jim's a great guy to do business with.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.