What do you think of the new Marshall's?

2,122 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dgonzo99
Jess04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How does it compare to Ross and TJ Max?

My thoughts: I went there the day after it opened and they did not have much inventory. The prices were comparable to Ross and TJ Max.
07bluebonnet
I went last week (Friday) and was very disappointed. It looks much bigger from outside. Inside was okay since it is new, but much smaller than expected. Their lack of stock was pitiful! In the toddler section they were spacing the clothes about a foot apart because there wasn't nearly enough for the rack. In size 3t there were like 8 outfits.

Otherwise, the items were about the same as Ross and TJMaxx, but a lot less of it, and a couple dollars higher than Ross - and exact same prices as TJMaxx (but I think they're owned by the same company). I love Ross and TJMaxx, but I'll probably only venture back to Marshalls once or twice a year when I'm bored and looking for somewhere to waste time.
dgonzo99
07bluebonnet said:

I went last week (Friday) and was very disappointed. It looks much bigger from outside. Inside was okay since it is new, but much smaller than expected. Their lack of stock was pitiful! In the toddler section they were spacing the clothes about a foot apart because there wasn't nearly enough for the rack. In size 3t there were like 8 outfits.

Otherwise, the items were about the same as Ross and TJMaxx, but a lot less of it, and a couple dollars higher than Ross - and exact same prices as TJMaxx (but I think they're owned by the same company). I love Ross and TJMaxx, but I'll probably only venture back to Marshalls once or twice a year when I'm bored and looking for somewhere to waste time.
I really do understand your frustration. I haven't bought clothes at Post Oak Mall or Academy in many years. They just don't carry small mens sizes much. However, that is really not their fault. The local stores are at the mercy of owners. What sells the most, gets stocked the most. They really can't afford to carry every single size and hope to break even. Having worked retail for several years and done more than my fair share of ordering, I can tell you that a lot of stores only make a profit of 5% or less after all the bills are paid.

Also, when a new store opens, they are given a small amount of merchandise in a bunch of sizes to see what sells the most. It can take 2 to 3 months for the company to get a feel of what adjustments they need to make. Retail is very tough, which is why a lot of stores can't make it anymore. Give them some time.

BTW, Marshalls and TJMaxx are the same stores.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.