2018 local high school football season

4,228 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by victory
eloc62
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know we had this thread going last year. How did the local teams do last night?
91_Aggie
AG
College Station beat Huntsville 20-7 @Hunstville
eloc62
So CSHS played a game today against a team from Mexico. Did they win? Does anybody else find this a little weird? I'm not against it, but was there some reason for it? Just seems strange that a defending state champion would schedule a game like this.
91_Aggie
AG
Cshs won. Changing divisions may have made it difficult to schedule games with other schools in area to get a home game. Apparently this mexican team has played other teams around texas in the last few years.

Fonzie Scheme
AG
Realignment threw the schedule into disarray. Nuevo Leon wanted to play and CSHS needed a game. Plus, they offered to come here next year so the schedule next season doesn't have a hole.
Tailgate88
AG
So another Saturday noon game next year?
Fonzie Scheme
AG
It's a distinct possibility.
eloc62
Wonder if they flew in or bussed in? Surely they didn't bus in. That would be a long trip. If they flew in, that school must have some money.
kraut
AG
eloc62 said:

Wonder if they flew in or bussed in? Surely they didn't bus in. That would be a long trip. If they flew in, that school must have some money.
They were bussed in.
91_Aggie
AG
Lots of unsportsmanlike penalties in that game, mostly on the CSHS side.

Stupe
S
How many is lots?
91_Aggie
AG
Stupe said:

How many is lots?

At least 3 on CSHS. At least 1 against nuevo leon.
Stupe
S
eloc62 said:

We went to Open House on Monday and Coach Huff said that they had money....a lot of money. They drove in on Friday and left on Sunday.
Stupe
S
CSHS won 70-0.

I was surprised that Consol got beat.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
I can tell you firsthand that Huntsville is salty. But, I was still surprised they beat Consol by 20.

CSHS is 1-0 in district. They are at Waller (0-1) next Friday.
Oogway
Slightly off topic, but I wanted to give a shout out to Ty Brock (CSHS graduate) for having a great game in his first collegiate start for SHSU. Nice young man and was happy for him to have a successful game after many months of patience and perseverance. There are a number of Brazos Valley athletes from our local high schools who are students at various colleges and universities and I wish them well.

Edit-typo
91_Aggie
AG
CSHS getting killed by Lufkin. 35-0 at halftime. Lufkin players are bigger and faster across the board by a large margin.
Psychag
AG
Yep. Lufkin are men among the CSHS boys. CSHS can't do anything against them. Going to be a long night. WRs and QB are huge...and fast.
eloc62
Speaking of other former CSHS players, has anyone heard anything this year about M. Perez, last years qb. I know he went to Tulsa i think to play wr. Is he red shirting this year, or is he getting any playing time?
91_Aggie
AG
eloc62 said:

Speaking of other former CSHS players, has anyone heard anything this year about M. Perez, last years qb. I know he went to Tulsa i think to play wr. Is he red shirting this year, or is he getting any playing time?

Eithet redshirting or not playing. Espn says "No Stats" when looking him up on Tulsa Roster. He would definitley need some bulking up from what i saw of him last year
eloc62
Thanks.
BANA89
AG
Wild game in Magnolia last night. CSHS down 14 early getting totally blown off the line in Magnolias running game, then came back in second quarter to tie 21-21 by half time. Similar start to second half and went down 35-21 from second half until scoring about 5 minutes left to make it 35-28. Then College Station got the ball back and scored with just over a minute to go to make it 35-35 then allowed Magnolia to move down to the 14 with 6 secs left before Magnolia missed the kick. Magnolia had a big first run then stalled for a short field goal. College Station lost yardage on their first overtime possession, before throwing up 29 yard TD pass to win 41 to 38.
BANA Class of '86/'89 - Living in Aggieland!
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
That new CSHS district has 4-5 real good teams. There are 4-5 that could make deep runs

Fun to watch/follow
S
91_Aggie said:

eloc62 said:

Eithet redshirting or not playing. Espn says "No Stats" when looking him up on Tulsa Roster. He would definitley need some bulking up from what i saw of him last year
He also hasn't played receiver since he was a sophomore in high school due to injuries to the projected starting QB.
victory
AG
SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

That new CSHS district has 4-5 real good teams. There are 4-5 that could make deep runs

Fun to watch/follow
very tough district. Lufkin, CS and both Magnolia Schools look to be the playoff representatives. All 4 capable of winning first round games against District 7 which now looks like Mesquite Poteet, Tyler John Tyler, Mckinney North and Sherman. Somebody's going to get Highland Park in round 2.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.