$150 for food/drink for a weekend

2,159 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Dark Helmet
Wicked Good Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How would you spend that kind of budget in Aggieland for food ? Assume Not a game weekend but could be one Just saying don't save all money by tailgating. Have a friend coming In October for a weekend and wants to do stuff but wants to spend no more than that for food. Friday night til Sunday night

Thoughts. Open to all types of food.
halibut sinclair

halibut sinclair

Oogway
Hmmm, a quick answer w/o giving it too
much thought is that it is around 7 meals. Staying at a hotel? Those sometimes have a comp breakfast which allows for more $$ for later meals. If you go in on the Eagle's $14 burger card, you can save some money that way and eat a better burger. It's doable, and good for your friend for trying to stay within a budget. And good for you for trying to help.
Broncos
Casa do Brasil twice.
Bullpen Chias
AG
Breakfast x 2
Dozen donuts from Shipley's = $7 That's breakfast for both of you for Sat and Sun. Your treat. For another $6 he gets coffee twice.

Lunch x 2
Whataburger
C&Js
Alright. At this point he's spent $25 with three dinners left.

Dinner and drinks
Sunday: Fuego $10
That leaves $115 for two nights. $60/nt at Northgate should spend well.

Wicked Good Ag
Sorry. Not trying to go cheap we are trying to give him the best experience of college Station for that budget. He is from Oregon and has never been and is in Houston for conference til Friday and leaves Sunday.

Sample thoughts. Snows on Saturday cafe excel for brunch Jessie's Taq etc.
Legacy Work Spaces
Definitely try to have him stay in a hotel that does free breakfast. But if he's with you and you guys are definitely eating out every meal at sit down type places and alcohol has it's own budget then:

Fri Dinner: The Chicken

Sat Morn: Sweet Paris
Sat Lunch: Wings n More
Sat Dinner: Cotton Patch

Sun Morn: First Watch
Sun Lunch: Fargos or J Cody's BBQ
Sun Dinner: Cafe Capri

That should bring you in under $150. Of course any of those lunches or dinners could be subb'd out for a more Texas type establishment like Whataburger. Also, I don't think they have Chick Filet up in the Northwest and that's kind of a must imho.
Legacy Work Spaces - www.LegacyWorkSpaces.com

Office Space - CoWorking- Meeting- Virtual Mail-Technology
stinkerbelle
LegacySuitesandSolutions said:

Definitely try to have him stay in a hotel that does free breakfast. But if he's with you and you guys are definitely eating out every meal at sit down type places and alcohol has it's own budget then:

Fri Dinner: The Chicken

Sat Morn: Sweet Paris
Sat Lunch: Wings n More
Sat Dinner: Cotton Patch

Sun Morn: First Watch
Sun Lunch: Fargos or J Cody's BBQ
Sun Dinner: Cafe Capri

That should bring you in under $150. Of course any of those lunches or dinners could be subb'd out for a more Texas type establishment like Whataburger. Also, I don't think they have Chick Filet up in the Northwest and that's kind of a must imho.
Don't forget to budget in for tips at some of these
MTTANK
AG
Fargos-Lunch
Koppe Bridge for a burger-Dinner
Wings n more on university-Dinner and watch a game
Shipleys- cheap and fast Bfast if needed
Fuego-bfast
Hullabaloo diner-bfast or lunch
Whataburger- cheap and fast lunch if needed
Ngate- grabbing a cheap meal in that area would be fun as well. Cool place to go is the Corner, eat on the top floor overlooking the campus.
GIG 'EM
InMyOpinion
halibut sinclair said:

The frugal side of me agrees

That said I can honestly say I have never had a budget for food/drink when taking a trip.
AgsWin2011
AG
The guy lives in the northwest. Get him some Mexican food and BBQ.

Get Mexican breakfast from Jesse's or Coco Loco.

Mexican lunch/dinner from Polly's Cocina (I also like Los Cucos but that's not a popular opinion on this board)

For BBQ get him Fargo's and All The King's Men. I've heard Good Bull BBQ is good as well but never tried it. Rudy's breakfast brisket egg n cheese tacos are good too.

And I guess if they really don't have Chick-fil-a in that region than yes it would be a fast food must along with Whataburger.

If they want a burger then Top of the Hill in Benchley puts everything else to shame.
Dark Helmet
I can't even get a hangover on such a paltry sum.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.