2,693 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by techno-ag
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That is the fall enrollment number for A&M (unofficial until October).

That is an increase of 751 from last fall. Note that it does include numbers from the Galveston and McAllen. The freshman class (10,772) is actually almost 4% smaller than last year. A&M claims the reduction in freshman class size was intentional and that the increase in overall numbers is a result of better retention of students and an increase in master's programs.

I would imagine that RELLIS helped A&M to decrease the freshman class size. I will be interested to see how many students are doing the RELLIS program this fall.

http://wtaw.com/2018/09/11/texas-am-provost-reports-fall-enrollment-numbers-faculty-senate/
Vivificus
AG
I see this as good news that the freshman class is getting smaller , not sure about everyone else.
Viv
EMY92
AG
Does this mean Chem 101, Math 141/151, and Physics 218 are now easier?
Post removed:
by user
Captn_Ag05
AG
Drilling down into the data, it looks like there are 981 more students in College Station this year compared to last year at A&M and the HSC.
DrAeroAg05
AG
EMY92 said:

Does this mean Chem 101, Math 141/151, and Physics 218 are now easier?

No.
techno-ag
AG
Slocum on a mobile said:

More "Blinn Team".

Looks like a smaller Blinn Team this year?

Quote:

Dr. Fierke also reported the class of freshman and other first year students at 10,772. That's a decrease of 3.9 percent of last year, but still above the university's goal of 10,500.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.