What is your favorite Sunday Brunch restaurant in Bryan/CS?

4,686 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Wicked Good Ag
zburks2007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bobinator
AG
Rx Pizza
FlyRod
Ronin, hands down.
K2T2
The Village in downtown Bryan or the Hullabaloo patio, ordering at the bar.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I'm kinda digging Sweet Paris right now.
trouble
AG
Ronin
armymom
Ozonas
Oogway
Where is the Cafe Eccell love? The coffee cake? The chicken and waffles? The french toast? How can you neglect the Bloody Mary Bar and the Mimosas?
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
armymom said:

Ozonas

Yep

Outside with a couple of doubles Ketel One Bloody Marys
Mad Taco is yummy and half the cost of CE

Love me some CE but can't do that every week
Wicked Good Ag
Oogway said:

Where is the Cafe Eccell love? The coffee cake? The chicken and waffles? The french toast? How can you neglect the Bloody Mary Bar and the Mimosas?

We used to go there a lot more for brunch but they got rid of the scramble bar which was my wife's favorite part.
Daughter loves there amaretto mouse bombe for dessert maybe if they had a day for each dessert we would come more often. Maybe Mousse Bomb Monday followed by strawberry tart Tuesday
motherrunnersBCS
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Cafe Eccell brunch is only on Saturday for some strange reason - I remember going for brunch and being told it was not on Sunday?

I saw the menu for Ronin brunch recently and it looked fantastic, the difficulty is that their menu changes constantly. But souffle!
txgardengirl
We only have done CE brunch on Sundays - so it's there
KidDoc
AG
Cafe Eccel has become my go to. Splitting a 30oz shaker with my wife and amazing Mexican brunch items!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
happyinBCS
Christopher/s hands down
InMyOpinion
The all new Golden Corral!!
Bucketrunner
Messina Hof is pretty good, too.
mgreen
Cafe Eccell. Porters Steakhouse and Christophers. Just did brunch at Casa de Brazil but it is basically the salad bar plus a Fritata and a cake for $20.
harrierdoc
AG
Ehh. It was ok
meinkee
Downtown Elixer at the LaSalle. Shrimp grits, chicken waffles. Killer bloodies!
FlyRod
Quote:

Ehh. It was ok

True of pretty much all brunch places in BCS. Would love to get something like Contigo or Launderette here, but hey...

And I'll add another + to the Downtown Elixer suggestion.
buda91
AG
La Taqueria.
Cancelled
AG
When I think brunch, I think a buffet with a guy cooking omelettes. Do we have that here?
KidDoc
AG
queso1 said:

When I think brunch, I think a buffet with a guy cooking omelettes. Do we have that here?
Eccel used to but the last two times I have gone they only had the mimosa bar no build your own omelette bar.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jja79
AG
Not a brunch item but get the reuben sandwich at Eccel and then drive straight to Whataburger and eat. I thought the guy was kidding when he plopped it down in front of me. You should barely be able to hold a reuben and for the the menu price I assumed that's what I was getting. This one, bread, meat, cheese and all was maybe 5/8th of an inch high.
DrAeroAg05
AG
InMyOpinion said:

The all new Golden Corral!!

Yes! Haha
Costa and Andreas
Good morning Mr. Arnett,

My name is Costa Dallis, and I am CEO of EccellGroup, owners of Cafe Eccell. We recently saw your comment on texags...

I just wanted to take the time to thank you for your business and apologize for the poor value you experienced in the Reuben sandwich you had.

We are Reuben lovers ourselves, and with honest examination, we concur with your assessment. The flavor profile is great, but not near enough meat. Of course there could have been human error in your case that made the situation extreme, but that does not excuse the lack of value that did not measure up to the rest of our menu.

Consequently, we doubled the meat portion yesterday and we will continue to follow up on this for a few weeks until we are comfortable with what our staff is consistently producing.

In conclusion, if you ever need ANYTHING at any of our properties, please feel free to email or call me on my personal cell, info@eccellgroup.com. I sent my cell to your personal email.

Thank you again for your business!!

PS

If you're one of those guys that likes the Reuben piled so high that you can't get your mouth around it to the point it has to be taken apart, let me know you're coming and we will make it like that for you free of charge!!

Costa and Andreas
Hi,

To address our former scrambler bar at Cafe Eccell.

We LOVED the concept of doing it and did for quite a while. We would LOVE to do it again if possible.

The bottom line is it never paid for itself. The sales produced from it never got high enough to justify the overhead.

We are at the ready to hear any suggestions from the public on what might make it a huge success if we do it again! I mean any suggestion will be considered! We have chefs ready to scramble!

Thanks in advance,

Cafe Eccell ownership
techno-ag
AG
Gotta love the responses straight from the owners at Cafe Eccell on here. This is how you run a restaurant.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
halibut sinclair
jac4
AG
queso1 said:

Most of the times I have been to Traditions, they have an omelette station. It has been about 2 years since I've been there though.
cs69ag
AG
The redone Golden Corral is light and bright and pretty nice.
Th food is pretty much the same. I only go for a weekend breakfast, and as a senior, all I can eat for $8.19 is a good deal. No charge for chocolate milk, coffee or juice. Juice is not the best. omelettes made to order are good. bacon is well done. I like their hash browns. Waffles and pancakes look good. They have some fruit...some fresh, some canned. Just about anything you want.
Smokin Chisel
AG
Saw a sign in front of Luigi's today that they serve brunch. I have not tried it, just thought I would bring it up since I don't think anyone mentioned it. Also I think Blake's Steaks started doing brunch again today.
KidDoc
AG
Fire_Aggie said:

Saw a sign in front of Luigi's today that they serve brunch. I have not tried it, just thought I would bring it up since I don't think anyone mentioned it. Also I think Blake's Steaks started doing brunch again today.
Luigi's has a pretty small menu but it is pretty excellent. We went once about a year ago.

Messina Hoff is similar-- very few selections but good.
zburks2007
Went to Ronin today and the food and drinks were just meh. Good not great. The atmosphere and service were excellent.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.