firstnet

1,497 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 1.618
soccerisforwusses
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My buddy's friend is a firefighter and when we were tailgating the before the game on saturday he was able to watch videos and get calls and texts no problem.

I couldn't get a text out never mind watch videos. He said he was on a network called firstnet. Anyone have any recommendations about it?
redd38
AG
Looks like it's a service from AT&T just for first responders. Probably should have asked your buddy about it.
AgGunNut
AG
FirstNet is an AT&T operated network specifically for first responders and government agencies dealing with emergencies. It is very limited in who can have access to it. Having FirstNet service allows use of the network and network preemption when on AT&Ts bandwidth.

Essentially, their phones will get priority service over other phones. I've had it for a week now, and am very happy with it. Supposedly, once the actual FirstNet bandwidth is available around here, due to the higher frequency signal, I should get better service in buildings and in areas of low coverage as well.

https://www.firstnet.gov
mason12
AG
Looking at your prior post it looks like you work for AT&T. Are you sure this wasn't just a way to advertise?
We were loyal AT&T customers for 10+years but gave up on them after suffering through 2 football seasons when we could not send/messages to our kids in a timely manner to arrange drops offs and pickups and such. Promises were made about improving services over and over but never seemed to come through. We made the switch to Verizon and have had zero issues even during Game Day madness.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.