Northgate Restrooms

4,104 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by GoneGirl
ncttc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My husband and I went to ESPN Game Day this weekend and then went to Northgate for a while on Saturday. We enjoy meeting fans from other teams, especially for the bigger games. Clemson had a great turnout and we like showing that Aggie hospitality. I will say that it was rather embarrassing to go to the public restrooms at Northgate and hear the Clemson fans warning each other that the restrooms were out of toilet paper. I am sure that they had a busy night on Friday night, but we were at Northgate on Saturday from approximately 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. and the Parks and Recreation Department never came to refill the toilet paper. If our local government wants these fans to come spend big bucks in our communities, I would think that they could spend some funds to make our facilities presentable and welcoming.
JR Ewingford
They make sure they get that parking money coming in though!
Cyp0111
This board is now complete. No TP.
fcag
AG
Maybe the city couldn't spare a square.
saltydog13
AG
I doubt they care since 99% of the time those restrooms just get demolished by drunk kids on NG
duffelpud
AG
The city is missing a major new revenue stream - put credit card scanners in each stall and call it 'Swipe to Wipe' - charge by the square. Talk about a captive audience! The College Station Channel can be streamed to the stall, too, doubling their viewership on any given week night.

I'm still waiting on the signature sculpture at that local...

"What's this button do?"
BrandoC
AG
Just so you know, Parks and Rec has nothing to do with Northgate. Northgate has its on entity that cleans during the week and not on weekends. Has always been that way since Northgate was formed.
Tailgate88
AG
BrandoC said:

Just so you know, Parks and Rec has nothing to do with Northgate. Northgate has its on entity that cleans during the week and not on weekends. Has always been that way since Northgate was formed.

What is the name of said entity?
cslifer
I believe the Northgate District is managed by planning and development. Parks and rec has nothing to do with it.
fishoutawater
T&P for TP
turfman80
AG
If that schedule is correct, why in the world would you clean the restrooms during the week but not on weekends??? Duh.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
turfman80 said:

If that schedule is correct, why in the world would you clean the restrooms during the week but not on weekends??? Duh.

Exactly! Let's not worry about the times when the number of people is probably equal to the rest of the week.
BrandoC
AG
BrandoC
AG
Planning and Development. I worked for College Station Parks and Rec for many years as I went through school so yes I do know.

Esteban du Plantier
AG
ncttc said:

If our local government wants these fans to come spend big bucks in our communities,

Every establishment on Northgate that I'd be spending money at has restrooms.
Aggie4Fisher
I've used the restrooms there you speak of. I'm out in that area a few times a month on Saturday nights. Usually always have toilet paper and soap available, clean for the most part considering how much foot traffic must go through there. Have also seen people throw a roll of toilet paper, beer cans in the toilet or get sick everywhere. I'm sure whoever looks after them just hadn't made it there yet to re-stock them or clean them up. Maybe they have other restrooms in the City that they restock and clean as well.

If I can, I normally just use the restaurant's or establishment's restrooms, but sometimes they can get too busy, so I use those restrooms as a back-up. A lot of City's don't even have public restrooms in the heart of a bar and restaurant area.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
I think that if I owned a business on NG that I would have a 24 pack ready for distribution by one of my student employees

Maybe even a halfass cleaning every couple hours

Assuming the city wasn't taking care of it
AG
TXAG 05
AG
Just be glad those bathrooms are there at all, they are a relatively new addition.
trouble
AG
Esteban du Plantier said:

ncttc said:

If our local government wants these fans to come spend big bucks in our communities,

Every establishment on Northgate that I'd be spending money at has restrooms.

You've obviously never been in the ladies room at the Chicken. I'll gladly walk across the parking lot instead.
buda91
AG
Call Buc-ee's for help. Maybe subcontract.
gopitt
Unfortunately, typical of all of Northgate. Somebody needs to clean up that entire area. Eyesore.
Northgator
I use the women's side at the end of the night. I have seen different guys with buckets with toilet paper and carrying soap. There's usually toilet paper when I use them. I can only recall one time I used a stall with a roll completely out. Someone is looking after them. Just glad it isn't me!!
GoneGirl
AG
That is why the savvy traveler always has a pack of Kleenex in her purse.

"If you're in the midst of a midlife crisis, you could buy a convertible, have an affair, or upgrade your cup size. But you'll probably be happiest if you save a dog's life." - Jen Lancaster
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.