Need help identifying these two punks attempting to break in our home

7,524 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ratfacemcdougal
mhnatt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't believe damage was done, but my concern is that these kids were lucky to have not gotten shot trying to break in our home. You can hear them discussing their plans. I have more clips but these are the clearest. Within 12 minutes, the awesome Brazos County Sheriff arrived but the punks had vanished. Their car is visible in the background alongside the driveway. It looks like a Hyundai Elantra but I could be mistaken.

Their shirt colors are inverted in the nightvision so the best clip is the first one.

It was in Indian Lakes around 11:30pm last night (Saturday, Sept 8th).

My family would appreciate it if we could root out these guys and hopefully teach them a lesson so they may be able to right themselves before they face either a short or hard life that lies ahead for them. The material value at our house is nothing. Their lives are.

If you don't want to post here, you can email me at: mike@hnatt.com

Thanks so much!

Mike
legalbird
I would guess that they live within walking distance of your house.
TexAg1987
Post it on Nextdoor
saltydog13
AG
Might want to put this over on the Outdoor Board as well
JeepWaveEarl
AG
I'm wondering if they weren't drunk and thinking they were at someone else's house... I haven't ever seen thieves wearing flipflops like they just got off the beach. They're lucky they didn't get shot. What type of cameras do you have? Great footage/sound!

**edit.. not sure why I thought they had flip flops.... sorry! lolol
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
...grateful for grace.....
Otto Braun 6/6/12-12/26/13
--cure pediatric cancer--
Firefighter7
I'm sure the school resource officer at the high schools can positively identify these kids. Now that the schools use the sheriffs office, it should be pretty easy.
JeepWaveEarl
AG
also, 1ags on the auto board should be able to identify that car real quick.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
...grateful for grace.....
Otto Braun 6/6/12-12/26/13
--cure pediatric cancer--
montegobay
Those are either high school or middle school kids.
AgsWin2011
AG
Clear enough videos these punks will definitely be caught. Especially with the power of TexAgs!
BCSMom
Love your security cameras. Looking to upgrade mine what do you have?
Lovebird
The car looks closer to a white 2 door Honda Civic to me.. these kids are definitely brave, they look like they would be 7th-8th graders but you can never be too sure.
InMyOpinion
Like someone else said - I would guess it's some kids that live nearby.

I would also like to know what camera system you use
CS78
Seems odd they would randomly pick a house to try to walk in to without prior knowledge of the owner being out of town or a valuable item located in a certain spot. Do you have kids this age or any relationship with a kid this age? They might have accidently leaked something to the wrong turds.
ratfacemcdougal
Very nonchalant. You can also pick up good side work installing cameras. It has been asked lots, but what is your camera set up.
aggiegal99
Is the date in your original post wrong? Do you mean Sept 8?
Esteban du Plantier
AG
"last night (Saturday"

It's safe to assume OP meant last night, Saturday Sept 8. There was no Sat Aug 8 last night.
JP76

According to video 1 house is for sale?

Perhaps they were just being curious or going to throw a party inside if it was unlocked
mhnatt
Indeed I made error. Yes, last night, September 8th. I even named my files wrong. Thank you!
mhnatt
The cameras are the Arlo Pros and the Arlo Pro 2s. The 2s (newer) do not have as good of night vision as the non-2s, but have additional features. You can pickup auxiliary IR lighting off of Amazon for $20 that does great. We've been using Arlo now for few years and they have helped out a lot. Thank you all and hoping we can find these guys!
AggiePhil
AG
So wireless cams?
mhnatt
Yes - fully wireless. They have all kinds of options (even cellular at $5/camera/mo) so you don't have to rely on any utilities. There are a few quirks, but overall we have found them as having the best feature sets as opposed to Ring, Nest, and Canary.
aggiepaintrain
AG
what exactly did they say in the audio ?
FJB
JP76
Something about the house being for sale in the first video
mhnatt
aggiepaintrain said:

"make sure they don't have one of those doorbell cameras" and "you're sure no one is home - right?" and "there's a TV" are a few phrases.
JP76
Reckon they cased the inside from the listing pictures ?

Did the deputy responding try to pull any prints from the doors ?
momlaw
AG
We've had the Arlo Pros since last fall on the exterior of the house. Great for seeing what is going on from afar or while in house. Arlo stores in cloud for 7 days, we hooked up hard drive for longer term storage. When Costco puts them on sale it is a heck of a deal.

Great to see it in action perhaps giving two young fellers a chance to make better choices in the future. What dopes.
momlaw
TexasAggie_02
AG
hope you catch them!
justinsr
Check some yearbooks at the local HS's would be my best guess. Homeboy has been working on that long hair for a while should help with the search.
redd38
AG
All they did was jiggle a few handles? Kids today give up so easily.
Post removed:
by user
viejo
Those look like future organ donors to me.
Stupe
S
AGGODDESS said:

I'm wondering if they weren't drunk and thinking they were at someone else's house... I haven't ever seen thieves wearing flipflops like they just got off the beach. They're lucky they didn't get shot. What type of cameras do you have? Great footage/sound!

**edit.. not sure why I thought they had flip flops.... sorry! lolol
They did not look drunk at all.
birdman
If you have some neighbors with high school children, I'd ask them. They will likely recognize them.

I don't think the school will help in any way.
Rex Racer
AG
mhnatt said:

aggiepaintrain said:

"make sure they don't have one of those doorbell cameras" and "you're sure no one is home - right?" and "there's a TV" are a few phrases.
So the idiots make sure to look for a Ring doorbell camera, but not any other cameras? Not the sharpest punks, are they?

Hope you catch them before they get shot.
techno-ag
AG
Made the news.

http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Homeowner-warns-trespassers-as-digital-security-advances-492915731.html
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.