CS wants to raise taxes again

5,861 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by FlyRod
Bryanisbest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes, realtors are happy to sell houses whatever city they are in. But, realtors recommend CS over Bryan because of "the schools" and have since about 1970 when integration got into full swing. White flight influences both realtor recommendations and purchasing decisions. If the purchaser happens to choose Bryan anyway, yes, realtors will be very helpful with a acquiring a Bryan home. Bryan was two or three times the size of CS until about 1970 and thereafter.
taxpreparer
AG
threecatcorner said:

If the state requires them to have a meeting, they should also require them to actually listen to the public.

That is the voters' job.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
techno-ag
AG
Bryanisbest said:

Yes, realtors are happy to sell houses whatever city they are in. But, realtors recommend CS over Bryan because of "the schools" and have since about 1970 when integration got into full swing. White flight influences both realtor recommendations and purchasing decisions. If the purchaser happens to choose Bryan anyway, yes, realtors will be very helpful with a acquiring a Bryan home. Bryan was two or three times the size of CS until about 1970 and thereafter.
Schools are no longer an issue with National Blue Ribbon Elementary schools in Bryan, charter schools & collegiate high schools. I suspect Bryan will continue becoming more attractive to young families as time goes on. And real estate agents who list the houses in Bryan will be more than happy to sell them too, if others don't. That way they collect 6% instead of 3.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
halibut sinclair
LOYAL AG
AG
oldag00 said:

Do you really believe this makes a difference whether someone buys a home or not?
I'm 100% certain it does. I'm having that exact conversation right now with a lady that wants to move to the area and is considering the tax bill for the house she wants.
techno-ag
AG
And action taken.

https://www.theeagle.com/news/local/college-station-city-council-approves-fy-budget/article_5fc3e2f8-d99e-5a19-840d-6d09c1baec95.html

Quote:

Council members also adopted a tax rate of 50.6 cents per $100 of assessed taxable valuation.

That's an increase from the current rate of 49.75 cents per $100 of valuation and results from the homestead exemption the City Council approved in June. The exemption removes 5 percent of a home's valuation from taxation, which will result in an estimated loss of $718,617 in revenue to the city's general fund. An increase to the tax rate was agreed upon by the council to mitigate that loss in revenue.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
FlyRod
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.